Thread: PVS "What a Friendly Bunch of People"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Thumbs down

TBH I would like to add that whether or not someone is not "brought into the fold" at a meet is now beside the point.
    I understand that people get rather defensive etc but this thread shows a disgusting lack of decorum. I thought this site was better (yes there are a few on here I will say have been the expected exemplary in their replies, sadly in the minority)

Please take a moment to calm down and re read the messages some of you have typed, they are inflamatory at best.

I attended Trax last year (A HUUUUGE SHOW) and only really spoke to Duncan, tbh its all the time I had (I admit my car was on another stand), it is hard to introduce yourself to people you don't know, and similarly its hard for the other people to do the same (organisers/moderators the like). Just because you have a good rapor in a text arena doesn't mean you will have in real life. A little perspective perhaps?

I do understand his views, I also understand the reasons behind them. I DO think the title is a touch provocative, but the replies are derrogatory and not something I have come to expect on here.

Sorry guys but I think this thread should be closed, locked/deleted, its not something I would expect of this club.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by stu28375 View Post
    WOW this is getin really heavy lol. I'm stuart from Colchester and have only been a member for a few months. I have found this site and the threads contained very helpful. you all seem like a great bunch of people who like to take pride in what they do and to help others to achieve this also. I'm sure lots of hard work goes into this site and all the meetings. i would have loved to come to PVS but had work commitments so was really guttered. I would like to say that I too am fairly shy and find it hard to approach strange people (pls forgive me lol) but am really eager to come to a meet (Duxford is hopefully the next one, Big Pete) and would like to think that ALL people concered would make an effort to talk to the other members and to make sure that we all feel comfortable with what is going on. After all isnt that why we go to these meetings. To meet people, take an interest in each others cars & lives and generally have a good day out! Although I have yet to take part in a meeting, I eagley await the next one and I'm sure everyone involved in the whole process to which they work hard at, will make every effort to make us all feel welcome. No need for any harsh comments and we are all here to help each other. Keep up the hard work Vectra c.com. I applaude you!!! Stu. (there thats my rant finished lol)
    well said Stu.... and i think you have made alot of friends from just that one post !!!

Watch the truck pull on youtube --http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjGfVxXov1E

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Signum

Trim : Elite

Engine : 3.2 V6

Year : 05

Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post

Sorry guys but I think this thread should be closed, locked/deleted, its not something I would expect of this club.
    Agreed............and done

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread Information