Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: PVS "What a Friendly Bunch of People"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

For my twopenneth.. i came back to work today for a rest...

i have to apologise on behalf of the organising team ( the wife and I ) as we where rushed off our feet the whole weekend, so time spent with memebers is very limited.. BUT folks still came up and made 'first contact' with me.. it was good to see the scots boys and put more names to faces, and to finally meet rushy...

BUT you do have to respect the fact that others have came to the event to see it, not to stay on the stand all day....

so, all i can offer is that if you come to a local meet , you'd find it a sea change.. the big shows are no place really to get to spend time with folks..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia Grand Sport

Trim : SRI VX-LINE NAV

Engine : 1.5T (165)

Year : 2018

Mileage : 37000

I do think it was a bit 'off' to leave your car advertised and not be around more for people to be able to speak to you about your motor.

I went and introduced myself to quite a few people whom I only knew from their posts on this forum, perhaps you could have cared to do the same; you do not appear to be the shy and retiring type.

Your car would certainly have attracted a lot more interest if you had been around it a bit more.

This club has something of a reputation of being more welcoming than most to new members.
    Last edited by john_k_sri; 9th June 2008 at 21:13. Reason: amendment

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Signum

Trim : Elite

Engine : 3.2 V6

Year : 05

Quote Originally Posted by nutron View Post
    Can PVS come with a warning to new members next year?
    That actually is not a bad idea m8.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Caterman View Post
    I have to agree with you there Martin BUT we are so passionate about this club that it cuts deep when all our efforts are attacked the way they were in the opening post
    PVS, TRAX, etc as you say are the biggest meets and therefore not the easiest to get around to meet people. Again, it comes down to the individual and how they are at mixing with others. If people don't want to get involved no-one is asking them to but by the same token, don't come on here complaining when it is obvious that there is so much to organise that it is simply impossible to get to meet everyone and spend time getting to know them. That is for the local meets. Get to know your local people then when the Nationals are here at least then you will know someone.
    I know where you are coming from m8, and this is where I wish this conversation was in person, because it is not easy in just text.
    What I said wasn’t aimed at any one individual, I’m not sitting here in order to judge ANYONE.
    We all need to keep calm and think about what is said and how someone else might read it.
    I know how much hard work goes into events like this, and I know it will hurt those involved to read this thread.
    But, although it could most certainly have been worded better, and it could certainly be argued it edged towards the inflammatory side, the thread starter is, IMO, most certainly entitled to his opinion and to share it if he feels he wants to.
    Frankly there are just too many posts in here that I think should embarrass us as the community we work so hard build.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia CDTi SRi NAV 160

Trim : SRi

Engine : A20DTH

Year : 2009

Mileage : 88000

Quote Originally Posted by nutron View Post
    I'm rather upset at all the rude comment in this thread. I remember my first PVS, I got up and came over, shook some hands and introduced myself and still got blanked. I felt much the same as these obviously do and I spoke out about it and got much the same reception. It's easy to say why didn't you come and talk to me, bla, bla, bla but at the end of the day it's not easy for everyone to just walk upto what are effectively strangers and start talking.

PVS isn't an ideal meet for most first timers, as groups form which can feel intimidating and the mass of people means it is easy to get ignored (I had to set my car on fire for attention! ). I understand how you feel completely and I would suggest you go to some smaller regional meetings as they will be much easier to join in with and get to know some people.

If you want, I'll blow up your car next year, then they'll all come see
    I supppose I could have used some petrol on mine but what with the price of it I could not afford the entrance fee and the petrol. Saving up for some fire lighters for next year! Or maybe Billing if I get a pay rise

Nutron did anyone have a fire extinguisher to hand when they saw your smoke or did they stand round waiting for it to go up so they could use it for the BBQ?

Agree with what you said in your post as well

Ex Vec-C Admin / Founder Duncan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs GSi View Post
    I am sorry that you feel this way, I did come over to see you but at the time some people were trying to help with your brakes,...
    I'd forgotten about that! In that case I did, briefly, clap eyes on him as I'd done the same - seen him at his car and so went over to say hello. As he was having a problem with something stuck in his brakes, and a few people were helping him - and he was obviously sidetracked - I thought I'd just catch him later on, which just never happened as we never crossed paths again.

I honestly don't know what would have made you happy by the sounds of it. You had people helping you with your car that I could see and you say that nobody spoke to you/was friendly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Green Growler View Post
    I know how much hard work goes into events like this, and I know it will hurt those involved to read this thread.
    all we can do is take it on board..... i'm saddened that it wasn't all that everyone expected.. we tried to do our very best from the organisational side for you all......

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Signum

Trim : Elite

Engine : 3.2 V6

Year : 05

Quote Originally Posted by Gsi3.2 View Post
    all we can do is take it on board..... i'm saddened that it wasn't all that everyone expected.. we tried to do our very best from the organisational side for you all......
    Mark, you can please some people all of the time or all people some of the time. Just a shame you (and others btw) weren't able to do both

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

And a bl00dy good job you both did too, it takes a massive amount of effort to organise an event like PVS, don't take it personally.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Mark. It was ****** superb. Most of us appreciated exactly what went into organising the whole thing. If I remember correctly I spoke to you for about 10 seconds on Saturday night and for about 5 seconds on Sunday. I could see how busy you were with one thing and another.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread Information