Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Signum

Trim : Elite

Engine : 3.2 V6

Year : 05

Quote Originally Posted by Brocks View Post
    Well this has turned sour quickly.....Lets keep our feet on the ground peeps!

I don't think showing some one the door for voiceing an opinion is doing anyone any favours. I still remember my first encounter and it is scary, but you have to take a leap of faith. Yes alot of peeple already know each other and get lost in their conversations afterall they don't meet face to face very often, A simple Hi i'm "Bob" who's who around here would have brocken the ice nicely!

Hopefully your next experience will be better! And lets hope there is a next time.
    Steve, i tried to get around to meet as many members as possible. Mostly as soon as they parked up. It is very difficult at big meets such as PVS as there are so many people there and all arriving at the same time. some effort is needed by the members however shy to mix and make some sort of effort. No-one is more shy than my wife but she got to know a few of the wives that she had not met before.
    The TS started the thread on an attacking note against the members and complaining about the treatment from us. If we were not such a friendly bunch how come some members had parts fitted, tents borrowed, etc?

I give up

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Signum

Trim : Elite

Engine : 3.2 V6

Year : 05

Quote Originally Posted by merikiito View Post
    I am so surprised at the response as well, I thought we lived in a country where we could express our views.

The Forum is great and its always much easier to talk online than face to face. Maybe we should all be adults and take on board what has been said. I esp think there is no need to use FFS in the conversations esp from a moderator as I have had my middle son asking what is stands for!

Maybe a few comments on how we can make the meeting easier for people to meet/greet to know each other would be better comments than just slaging someone off for an opinion.
    Maybe it was not the best phrase to use and for that i apologise, but i get so angry when so much effort was put in with the organisation and running of the day. For people to come onto the forum and complain that they had not in effect had the "red carpet" treatment is bang out of order.
    Duncan, Andrew and others have summed it up perfectly, obviously some people only see what they want to see.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

The Mrs AGAIN....
    Thanks..... I understand that there are loads of people at these shows, and we were not in with the " click " that came up on the Saturday, we left early as my mum is in hospital and Sorry .... but she is more important than cars!

We were ONLY expressing our feelings..... and yes we could have tryed harder to chat, but we thought why bother, when NO one except big phil and chap next door spoke....

As for the use of words and childness from the moderators...... I feel SAD that you had to respond in that way....

I'm sure there are alot of nice/friendly people on this site, but we on both occassions felt left out and this is purely our views...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Caterman View Post
    Steve, i tried to get around to meet as many members as possible. Mostly as soon as they parked up. It is very difficult at big meets such as PVS as there are so many people there and all arriving at the same time. some effort is needed by the members however shy to mix and make some sort of effort. No-one is more shy than my wife but she got to know a few of the wives that she had not met before.
    The TS started the thread on an attacking note against the members and complaining about the treatment from us. If we were not such a friendly bunch how come some members had parts fitted, tents borrowed, etc?

I give up
    Tony, I'm not Condoning the thread, There are definately better ways of doing it. We both know how much work goes into this site, I've benefited enough from members hospitality myself so don't think I'm defending this thread. I'm just a little shocked at the hostility! Its not something I'm used to seeing here. No offence mate!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

im sorry but i dont think the comments made about the moderators etc are constructive criticism, its downright blatant cr4p and if he needs someone to wipe his rse everytime he goes somewhere then he needs to get onto social services to get himself a carer. Ive been to one meet and the lads and lasses there couldnt have been friendlier. I certainly dont think people on this site would deliberatly ignore people.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

how about handing out badges to new members with forum names on them so people can tell if we are members or not

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I didn't get to meet quite a few people, but I did manage to see some old faces and some new ones. Also during the day I saw members/'organisers' directing cars, putting up gazebo's, laying out food, ensuring people were fed, fitting parts to cars, fixing problems with cars, etc. etc. need I go on.
    The 'organisers' had enough on their plate without trying to work out which people on the stand they hadn't managed to welcome, especially if those members were not wearing club shirts or making themselves known to anyone.

If you expect people to come rushing over and introduce themselves, then why don't you do the same now and again. It works wonders.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Trim : Design

Engine : CDTi 150

Year : 55

Quote Originally Posted by glynn View Post
    how about handing out badges to new members with forum names on them so people can tell if we are members or not
    I personally think its a good idea

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

A few replies have gone in while I was typing up, so forgive me if re-cover some ground here.

Ok guys, let’s all take a breath and calm down shall we.
    I know the way the first post is written doesn’t exactly lend itself to a friendly response but to be honest we are not exactly making ourselves shine here are we !!!
    All you are you are doing is taking it in turns to inflame each other, so before anyone else chucks there tuppence in have a think about it first please.
    W5DSH, obviously didn’t have a good experience of us so how the hell do think he feels now after the response he got.
    It’s not just what’s been written by some, but the way it is written that disappoints me.
    It’s far easier to turn on the guy than face the reality of the situation isn’t it.

First up, a meet like PVS is certainly not a good way to meet and greet people, pretty obviously there are way, way too many members and their families there to make it possible to meet or great everyone.
    Secondly, there is so much to see there, people will be on and off most of the day seeing and doing “the show”.
    PVS is quite simply not a good first meet for members IMO, neither are any of the other big annual meets.
    It would make far more sense to attend a local meet or two first so you at least know someone else there, this would make it far easier to join in an existing conversation and get introduced.
    Better still, make the extra effort to do the camping the night before or after, I know everyone cannot do this, but it is by far the best place to chill out, have something to eat and drink and really get to know the people behind the cars.
    It’s just the people at the camping, no distractions (well ok one or two) but this is where you will really get to meet the people behind the cars and usernames.
    Again, coming back to local meets, this is by far the better way to introduce yourself and get to meet people for those that cannot camp.
    Sorry but I have seen and heard all this before even with the best of the friendliest clubs, the big shows are just not the place to meet everyone for the first time, and there is no simple answer to this.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Brocks View Post
    Tony, I'm not Condoning the thread, There are definately better ways of doing it. We both know how much work goes into this site, I've benefited enough from members hospitality myself so don't think I'm defending this thread. I'm just a little shocked at the hostility! Its not something I'm used to seeing here. No offence mate!!
    Steve the amount of organisation that went into this meeting had to be seen to be believed including Cara having to go home on Saturday night. She still turned up on Sunday and has probably made herself ill by not staying at home.

I think that's why people are not very sympathetic to someone who's having a pop at the rest of us because we didn't seek them out.

This was a huge meeting. On Sunday I didn't get a chance to speak more than 20% of the people there.

Sorry but I think the OP comments and those of his missus are difficult to understand. I think Merikito has a point and he's said it in a constructive manner. It is a bit of a daunting when there are so many people about.

John K and I spent 5 minutes looking over the Siggy that was for sale. If that was my car I would have been up like a shot to talk about the motor but nobody came near us.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information