Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Signum

Trim : Elite

Engine : 3.2 V6

Year : 05

Default What a weekend!

Firstly, before i forget, let me say thanks to all involved in the organisation this year The only downer was the decision by the Santa Pod "people" in sticking us as far away from everything else as they possibly could. We were in a different postcode we were that far away

Anyway, it started yesterday when we left and TomTom said 142 miles to the campsite. After doing the first 45 miles i suddenly realised i had left the tickets and car pass at home A quick phone call home and my daughter jumped in her car and i turned around to meet her half way. As the M6 was closed i decided to go down the A41 and miss any traffic. No problems there and made good time (3.0V6 was purrrrring)

After turning off the M1 at J15 on to the A45 the problems began as with 5 miles to go to the campsite some town planner who could not read a map decided that the easiest diversion to send people on (the A45 was closed due to roadworks on the busiest weekend of the year) was up to Kettering and back down again Approx 25 mile detour

After reaching the campsite (now having covered 215 miles ) and depositing my son and his girlfriend, we had a chat with a few members and left to go to the hotel to meet Stevel & Collettel for a meal (SWMBO does NOT do camping any more )
    We got showered and changed to find that SWMBO had left her make up bag on the bed......................AT HOME!!!!!!!!!!!
    Could the day get any worse..........you betcha it could. After the meal we all decided to raid Tesco for some breakfast goodies for the Sunday morning and on the way back to the car SWMBO stopped dead and said "have you seen the date on the tax disc"???????? It ran out at the end of last month and we had both completely forgotten about it
    After a quick call again to my daughter she taxed it online for us and at least there was a reference number if the worst should happen and the car was taxed in the eyes of the DVLA.

After a great night at the campsite we returned to the hotel for a rest I think the stresses had worn us out as the alarm was going off as soon as i though i had fallen asleep
    A short drive to the Pod to find the world and his wife queued up to get in
    Naughty me decided to drive straight past everything right to the front where a man in a puffer jacket with a walkie talkie (so he must have been really important) stopped me and told me to turn around. By this time i couldn't as every other Vec-C member had followed So the only option was to let us in
    The first 2 people in the queue, ditchp and myself followed by virtually every other member that had turned up early
    We were then told to follow the marshals directions but it must have been the same bloke that did the diversion on the A45 as we ended up as far away from every other car club/stall/side show as it was physically possible to put us

Needless to say it was a big pitch with plenty of room for a decent display, just a shame that it needed a bus service to get anyone to visit us

So, an eventful weekend to say the least. A great day with great people. Appologies if i didn't get to speak to everyone and to those i did, if i've forgotten your name, going on the way my memory is at the moment, it's not surprising

Thanks all

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

your car is very nice in the metal and sorry i didn't say hi

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra Estate

Year : 04

Mileage : 000

Nice to meet you and your family again Tony. What a great day out Larisa and I had.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Was good chatting with you earlier

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Trim : Sri

Engine : 1.9 cdti 150

Year : 2004

Hi guys, i agree fantastic weekend! Got some good pics of everybodies cars. Sorry didnt talk much to people, i was quite busy! Just would like to say a big thanks to Ditchp for bringing the side repeaters, got them on as soon as i got home, massive improvement i must say. I will post up the pics i took later on, im just sorting through the videos and pics at the moment.

I will offer to members only lol, if you would like copies of all the pics i sent then you can pm me or send me email to danwells72 'at' hotmail.com.

Hope everybody enjoyed themselves as much as i did and what a way to loose the PVS "V-Plates" lol

Dan

EDIT: Just want to make sure im clear. When i mean "all" i mean every single picture i took, vectra and non vectra. I think there is near to 400 but must check.

EDIT AGAIN: Just shortened down to about 110ish
    Last edited by Danwells72; 8th June 2008 at 20:27.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia CDTi SRi NAV 160

Trim : SRi

Engine : A20DTH

Year : 2009

Mileage : 88000

Cannot believe u had 2 divert 25 miles mate. U only had to go up the A4500 and cut across. Took me 25 mins to get there this morning but the Q took 30 to get in!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Good weekend then mate.

I'll offer apologies. I was one of the ones that shut the M6.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Signum

Year : 05

Quote Originally Posted by MLC View Post

I'll offer apologies. I was one of the ones that shut the M6.
    No need m8, it had to be done. Tragic accident. A bit of a detour for us but devastating for the family involved. Bl00dy drunk drivers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

You definiatly drew the short straw for the journey down Tony.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Good to see you again mate! Car looked nice, bet that leather got hot in the sun though!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information