User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Ripoff Service!!!

  1. #1
    Regular Member Vectra Singh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Goodmayes
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default Ripoff Service!!!

    Well folks, i went to get a price for 2nd service to my 06 Elite 1.9 auto whilst at training in Kent on my lunch break from the local Vauxhall dealership, prior to my holy pilgrimage to PV show!

    Long story short i need the service £240 and brake pad and disc change on both axles £190 each = Total cost £690

    I'm going to ring around a few local dealerships to find whether i can get it a few quid cheaper, although i can give it to my mates garage but he doesn't have a Tech 2!

    V.51NGH

  2. #2
    Regular Member Gsi3.2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Technical directors office
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    ouch!!!!!

    the discs and pads only cost them £46+v PER AXLE... so they want £145 to fit them.. thats about £290 an hour to do it....

    the service price is about right for a dealers... but an independant will undercut those prices no probs...

    and the TECH2.. you won't need it for a service unless you have a fault light lit...

  3. #3
    Full Member merikiito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Northampton
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Insignia CDTi SRi NAV 160

    Trim : SRi

    Engine : A20DTH

    Year : 2009

    Mileage : 88000

    Default

    I think you need to ask them for a breakdown on the fitting of the disks mate as they are taking the p1s3

  4. #4
    Admin plasma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    On the Forum
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Vectra

    Trim : SRi

    Engine : 150

    Year : 05

    Mileage : 74000

    Default

    all they'd need tech2 for is to reset the oil life and oil service indicator.. but that can be reset by a combination of pedal pushes without it... Do you really need a Vx service? How old is your car, cant remember now mate
    Last edited by plasma; 5th June 2008 at 22:59.

  5. #5
    Full Member Vaux-Man-G's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Birmingham
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vectra Singh View Post
    Well folks, i went to get a price for 2nd service to my 06 Elite 1.9 auto whilst at training in Kent on my lunch break from the local Vauxhall dealership, prior to my holy pilgrimage to PV show!

    Long story short i need the service £240 and brake pad and disc change on both axles £190 each = Total cost £690

    I'm going to ring around a few local dealerships to find whether i can get it a few quid cheaper, although i can give it to my mates garage but he doesn't have a Tech 2!

    V.51NGH
    Fit the discs yourself mate, I have done a set of rear ones on an 04 CDTi SRI 150 and they are a piece of pee to do! Just be careful with the caliper piston, you need to tool, or a g-clamp and good molegrips!


    Bye bye Vec B
    - Hello Siggy!

  6. #6
    Regular Member Vectra Singh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Goodmayes
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by plasma View Post
    all they'd need tech2 for is to reset the oil life and oil service indicator.. but that can be reset by a combination of pedal pushes without it... Do you really need a Vx service? How old is your car, cant remember now mate
    It's an 06/06 but i'll just take it to my mates afterall he fits genuine parts and has trade card!

  7. #7
    On a Sabbatical VauxVeteran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Nicking Ya Dinner.
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vectra Singh View Post
    It's an 06/06 but i'll just take it to my mates afterall he fits genuine parts and has trade card!
    That £700 just became £200 then

  8. #8
    Regular Member benny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    dudley
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by plasma View Post
    all they'd need tech2 for is to reset the oil life and oil service indicator.. but that can be reset by a combination of pedal pushes without it... Do you really need a Vx service? How old is your car, cant remember now mate

    no on a vx service they do a vehicle check wich means they talk to the car with tech two and get loads a data from all the ecu's codes and so on and they give you a print out with your service sheet ...

  9. #9
    Regular Member MysteryElite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    North Somerset
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by benny View Post
    no on a vx service they do a vehicle check wich means they talk to the car with tech two and get loads a data from all the ecu's codes and so on and they give you a print out with your service sheet ...
    Not disputing they do the check mate, but I've never seen a printout from it and all my services have been Vx dealer.

  10. #10
    Regular Member benny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    dudley
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    if ya look at ya check sheet it does say vehicle check and they are sposed to give it to ya ..vx do keep banging on about it on the training corses

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Royal Mail.... Royal Ripoff
    By spoons in forum The 'Off Topic' room
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 21st December 2010, 23:49
  2. Ripoff Insurance Companies
    By 67688c in forum General Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 14th September 2009, 11:43
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 2nd March 2009, 20:52
  4. Ripoff Dealers???
    By vectra52sri22 in forum Vectra C / Signum Car Chat
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 26th July 2006, 10:35

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •