I've just changed the brake hose and then bled my other half's peugeot petrol car. Took it for a spin to check everything was ok. I tested the brakes in several diffent ways and there was no leaks and brakes were functioning as they should.

I then went for a drive in my Vectra 1.9 CDTI 120 (04 reg). I noticed that when my engine is off the pedal is very firm and does not travel/sink.

However, when the engine is running the pedal sinks (slowly) when i press it. It brakes fine without any problems. In the peugot the pedal is firm with the engine running. I've pushed the pedal several times and it travels/sinks every time.... I've checked the brake fluid level and I'm not loosing any....

I got a bit concerned because the peugot pedal didn't sink with the engine running....

I found this on yahoo answer...it says its normal for diesels with ABS to get pedal creep (which I assume is pedal sinking).

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...0081437AAstzZH

Can anyone here confirm this is true for the vectra too? Does your pedal sink if you press it while the engine is running?

First of all if it is a Diesel with ABS you will get pedal creep when pressing the pedal without driving.
Does the pedal creep without the engine running if not then you do not have any external fluid leaks .
If it does creep without the engine running then yes you will have an External leak.
Please also check does the pedal creep whilst braking when driving if it does not then YOU DO NOT HAVE A PROBLEM.
You see you could be trying to fix a problem that is not there . I consulted Peugeot Technical on a 605 over this matter and after changing everything they told me DIESEL ABS WILL HAVE PEDAL CREEP