Technology is moving at an awesome speed and is making me lazy.

Here I am sat browsing vectra-c.com and listening to Marie Digby (on the same machine), noting that only 1 person so far has replied to a post I made about this artist (not bitter ), when I notice that the TV at the other end of the room is showing a film I think I may have seen.

Now rather than go to the TV and press information on the remote (which in itself is an amazing advancement in the last few years) I simply look up the tv schedule on the laptop - which reveals it is a movie I have seen and YES a movie I forgot for a reason, its rubbish.

This is also the same machine I can use to order food, talk to the missus even though she is at work miles away, look at all the pictures I have taken in the last 10 years.

I can also watch a movie, research my family history, the history of any recorded event and find the answers to almost every question I have.

I think this post has been inspired by the 1986 thread, but WOW...I didnt see this advance in technology coming.

It humbles me sometimes when I think of how far and how quickly we have come due to the brilliance of others.