Thread: Wiring Loom Prob, How Common?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Wiring Loom Prob, How Common?

I have recently taken ownership of my Dad's "old" Veccy (04 150 CDTI) and the darn thing started running like farmer palmer's tractor, limp homme mode......... 80 quid later and Vauxhall said its the wiring loom (injector 2, fault code P0203) they said they repaired it and the car seems to be working OK.
    So, is this very common? And do you really have to change the loom and injectors in one go? What idiot decided to integrate the wiring of the injectors into the loom? The guy quoted 6 hours labour and parts, circa one grand! This seems very pricey!

Also, do Vaux Flash the ECU when they repair cars? Its just that the car seems to be running quiter (which is good), but there "seems" to be less of a kick up the ass when the turbo finally does its job. Just an observation...... And my dad's new Veccy, the same engine seems a lot quiter than mine (37K), but I suppose it is new!

They also gave a handbrake recall notice on the invoice (free of course) but I haven't heard of this anywhere in my searching! Just thought it may be of use!

P.s. Hi everyone, its nice to be in the company of people that know the oil burining beasts. My old cars were '95 Cavalier SRI (Ecotec) and whilst I lived in OZ for 18 months I was a proud owner of a 2002 Holden Barina SRI, thats a Corsa SRI (1.8) to those that don't know!

p.p.s Thanks for feedback in advance!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Signum

Trim : Elite

Engine : 3.2 V6

Year : 05

Vx do update the ECU to the newest version (if you get a decent dealers)

There is a handbrake recall and loads of info and threads about it on here.

The wiring looms are a nightmare and replacing them along with the injectors will be an expensive deal

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

the good news is you only need the work done once on the wiring loom, it uses a thicker guage wire than before, so it lasts..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Cheers dudes, 1st generation engines eh!

Is it easy to do? Myself, well my Dad/Brother are pretty good, I did upgrade a SPI injection on a polo to MPI once upon a time!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

it's not hard to do the wiring loom upgrade.. more than likely thats all it needs..

just get the rework kit off your local VX dealer, that'll give you what you need to change..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Yea the 6 hours labour he quoted seemed VERY steep, 6 hours = 300 quid probably being a dealer!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

a dealers.. try £90 an hour and thats being nice to them..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    574 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Trim : SRi

Engine : 150

Year : 05

Mileage : 74000

Cant see both the wiring loom AND the injectors going at the time time, think they are covering both bases so they cant get it wrong without checking for which one of the 2 is causing the problem. Will try to look up that fault code when i can. Wiring loom repairs kits are fairly cheap and it means splicing/soldering and sleeving it further up the loom.. Normally its the loom plug for injector number 3 not heard of number 2 plug going but not discounting it.. Try to get a breakdown of what they are charging the 6hours labour for mate.. dont rush into this repair without first understanding/knowing what they are doing and why they are doing it.. Bear in mind.. they dont know everything!

0203 is pointing to number 3?? typo on your part mate?
    Last edited by plasma; 29th May 2008 at 22:13.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

ooohh.. you doubter , Dad..:..

but you are quite right ..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by alchemist View Post
    I have recently taken ownership of my Dad's "old" Veccy (04 150 CDTI) and the darn thing started running like farmer palmer's tractor, limp homme mode......... 80 quid later and Vauxhall said its the wiring loom (injector 2, fault code P0203) they said they repaired it and the car seems to be working OK.
    So, is this very common? And do you really have to change the loom and injectors in one go? What idiot decided to integrate the wiring of the injectors into the loom? The guy quoted 6 hours labour and parts, circa one grand! This seems very pricey!

Also, do Vaux Flash the ECU when they repair cars? Its just that the car seems to be running quiter (which is good), but there "seems" to be less of a kick up the ass when the turbo finally does its job. Just an observation...... And my dad's new Veccy, the same engine seems a lot quiter than mine (37K), but I suppose it is new!

They also gave a handbrake recall notice on the invoice (free of course) but I haven't heard of this anywhere in my searching! Just thought it may be of use!

P.s. Hi everyone, its nice to be in the company of people that know the oil burining beasts. My old cars were '95 Cavalier SRI (Ecotec) and whilst I lived in OZ for 18 months I was a proud owner of a 2002 Holden Barina SRI, thats a Corsa SRI (1.8) to those that don't know!

p.p.s Thanks for feedback in advance!

the injector plug rework ..the parts are about £10 each and you will need the four doing so about £40 plus the tat ..then about 1.5 hours labour ..so 6 is a load of **** mate ..i would say the injectors are ok just the plugs that are up to no good ......i think on the latest engine data update they may have turned the power down or the boost down on the engine i think they dont wana pay for anymore flywheels..lol.....if you want this doing cheaper drop me a pm mate....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information