Well thats what the manager of a gatwick carpark has claimed !
the story goes like this -
We book a gatwick carparking facility for our 4 year old vauxhall diesel signum while we are on hol for 10 days

On 14th May we drive to carpark facility. get out hand over keys -- car is fine -- it is valet parked by the company

We return to gatwick 10 days later, late at 3pm in the morning, go to reception and are directed to the car.

It is dark and raining, we get in only to find that the car will not move, the front suspension looks collapesed, some evidence of shreded tyers in underside wheel arch

Call out RAC and talk to carpark people who do an incident form

RAC confirm car undrivable, we are told its prob a broken spring, put on low loader to nearest vauxhall dealer, we are given a loan vauxhall to get us home to suffolk.

At Present we are awaiting a damage report from vauxhall in gatwick

Today we phoned the carpark manager who said that Vauxhalls often break springs when they have sat for 10 days.

He said it was driven to parking place, then 2 days before we came home it was moved to where we picked it up from, he said that no one noted anything wrong with the car at the time.

That car park is full of speed bumps and i am afraid that our car has been mishandled while we have been away.

Is it true that a spring can break while the car is left for a long term parked, if this is so, arnt hundreds of Vauxhalls in garages awaiting to be sold, going to have broken springs on being driven after long term storage.

I dont buy this explanation, I have been told its a desighn fault with Vauxhalls and this car park manager said that an astra did the same while under his care 8 mths ago. can this bee true, or am I being fobbed of ?

Hope to know more when we get the report from vauxhall, am still awaiting their phone call