Good for them! The welsh drivers were warned by the police that they could be arrested if they slow the traffic in anyway, so they set off at 15-20mph down the M4!!
Now I need a turbo to keep up!
something has to be done and soon cost me £69.24 to fill up today
My local stations go up every time I put some in. Diesel is between 128.9 and 132.9!
I want to know why Diesel has gone up 30% in the last year with petrol "only" going up 18% ?????
Now I need a turbo to keep up!
who knows, apart from GB?
Back onto the protest, the hauliers are campaigning for special exemptions for them and not us. They already reclaim the VAT - thats 19p a litre discount off diesel that we don't get. What more do they want?
My brother is a haulier and runs 40 HGV's.
His fuel bills have grown hugely in the past few months but he in turn cannot pass this increase onto his customers or they take their business else where.
He is competing against hauliers who come over from France/Holland etc. They fuel up massive twin tanks with cheaper subsidised fuel from their own country and then take business away from the British hauliers who are being crippled by the massive fuel price rises.
It's a pretty serious situation, you only have to look at the number of UK haulage firms throwing the towel in.
I have sympathy for our hauliers, but my patience was severley tested today having spent 40 minutes crawling behind 2 HGV's and a sympathetic BMW M3 driver who chose to reduce the M62 to 5 miles an hour.
How much diesal did that cost me, not to mention the missed meeting, lost work - so today did cost me too as well as all the other HGV's who were burning fuel at those low speeds. Is creating choas and gridlock the only solution. I suspect that the vast majority of us have sympathy with our road hauliers - but how long will it last by using the same tactics as today.
well I have mixed feelings about the protest. I just think that sum1 will be on the road at the time who really needs to get to see a loved 1 who is sick etc etc and for people in that bracket, i think a hold up on the roads in this manner is a bad method. I do see their (protesters) point though
"Due to motor manufacturers' efforts, cars now emit far lower amounts of carbon dioxide. As a result, emissions forecasts of over 42 million tonnes of carbon (mTC) by 2020 are already being revised down to 30 mTC or less, a staggering reduction of 30%. Even by 2010 there will have been a significant fall from the 2000 figure of around 41 to 37 mTC, so the proposed car tax hikes are cynical and unfair. 4x4 vehicles are very popular, few are truly gas guzzlers, and extortionate fuel duty already impacts most on those vehicles with high consumption. Plans for hybrid engines in this sector are being ignored." "The current road tax scheme is based on a sham anyway. 97% of global carbon dioxide emissions is from natural sources, and of the remaining 3%, only one-seventh is from cars. That's 0.4% of the total. If all cars on the planet disappeared overnight, it would be next to impossible to measure any change in atmospheric carbon dioxide levels. The maximum drop would be 0.00015% by volume, and in reality it would be less. Of course, there would be no impact on climate change whatsoever."
Does the government use all the tax they receive from the motorist on making the environment greener or do they continue to waste it?
Will they pay us for the money we'll loose by trying to sell a car with more than 75BHP?
Who wants to drive a 1.0 Corsa FFS !!!
Just gotta say, "I F***** Hate Gordon Brown". Can anyone name anything he has done? apart from
Create > 100 stealth taxes.
Rape the pensions of £4.5B so final salary pensions are almost impossible to find.
The bloke is a joke, I laugh everytime I see him ripped apart on Question Time. Have you seen him appear on TV to explain any of the weekly disasters that he is responsible for, "NO" Apart from being a complete idiot, he isn't a leader who can stand up like a man and take the flak.
Rant Over ;-)
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)