Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Petrol Turbo Signum Tuning

WANT TO TUNE MY SIGNUM...57 K ON AN 03 FSH AND AS FAR AS I KNOW STANDARD...NEED ANT ADVICE POSS...ASAP PLS..
    CHEERS

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Trim : SRI NAV XP

Engine : 1.9 CDTI 150

Year : 2007

Mileage : 72K

Get a BSR remap. BHP up to at least 204 from 173 as standard. Plenty of info on this site. Quite a few of us have not stopped smiling since getting our cars remapped.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia VX-line RED Tourer

Trim : No, over weight!

Engine : Flux Core Capacitor

Year : 1 A.D

Mileage : Rising

Have consideration for the deaf, if you're gunna fart, make it smell !

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vauxhall

Trim : Astra Twin Top

Engine : 1.9cdti

Year : 07

yep said that in your earlier post BSR all the way

Ex Vec-C Admin & Founder Bainie's Avatar
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

It`s a shame that Bsr withdrew their discount for the site when Lmf took the franchise, as they get a whole lot of free advertising, might be time to revisit Bsr for a direct deal, or some sort of discount through LMF at the very least as they are definately getting a lot of business and satisfied customers from vectra-c.com ....

And Topcat STOP SHOUTING !!!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Topcat, I'm in Trowbridge too. Keep an eye out for a 03 plate design in Silver Lightening with Vectra-c stickers on the rear quarter windows!
    Now I need a turbo to keep up!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Bainie View Post
    It`s a shame that Bsr withdrew their discount for the site when Lmf took the franchise, as they get a whole lot of free advertising, might be time to revisit Bsr for a direct deal, or some sort of discount through LMF at the very least as they are definately getting a lot of business and satisfied customers from vectra-c.com ....
    That's not quite how it was/is Tommy. I'll explain.

Firstly, BSR UK didn't withdraw any discount - there wasn't one to withdraw. It was a one-off Group Buy.

Secondly, LMF haven't taken over the BSR franchise, they're simply a BSR reseller. BSR UK are still the UK distributor and supply to resellers like LMF, amongst others.

Once the new Approved Trader section launched, and we had LMF on board, they did have a Group Buy themselves, but it needed a total of ten purchases - which never happened. I guess due to the BSR one having been recently before.

For LMF to be able to offer discounts, they obviously need to have the units supplied to them at a discounted rate - or else, obviously, they'll be losing out. This, the discount, isn't something that BSR can do on a regular basis as they'll have all their other resellers wanting the same. Quite simply, BSR UK did us, the club, a bit of a special favour (due to my contacts with them) in doing a Group Buy directly, as well as agreeing to supply to LMF at a discounted rate for their Group Buy if they'd had more than ten orders.

Anyone enquiring on the site about where to buy the BSR kit is, as you know, directed to LMF as they are one of our AT's, respected in the business and now a BSR reseller - so by LMF supporting us, the club, we support them by passing business their way.

Yes, BSR get a lot of mention by various people on here - usually happy owners of the product, and that's what happens when a manufacturer has a good product and support, but it doesn't mean they (BSR) are somehow 'obliged' to give us continued discounts when as I said it was a one-off Group Buy. It's a bit like saying that Irmscher should give us a direct discount for all the publicity they've had through the club/Irmscher trips etc.

Hope that explains.

D

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

As already said BSR is where you want to go.

Ref discount, Justin gave me a nice wee discount on the injectors although he couldn't discount the remap I was more than happy with the deal especially as when I received them he had knocked another £2 off. Great service, great product = MASSIVE SMILES

Ex Vec-C Admin & Founder Bainie's Avatar
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by mark1319 View Post
    As already said BSR is where you want to go.

Ref discount, Justin gave me a nice wee discount on the injectors although he couldn't discount the remap I was more than happy with the deal especially as when I received them he had knocked another £2 off. Great service, great product = MASSIVE SMILES
    And that is exactly where I was coming from, the group buy wasn`t really a group buy, as it was given to individuals, a "group buy" is when people put a collective order in, as I recall bsr were giving a discount on units as they were bought, not a 1 off so it wasn`t a group buy. Just seems to me like all the free advertising they get on the site could be rewarded with a little discount to the members buying them ( I have no hidden agenda as I don`t want/need one). Been in retail for a good number of years now, and usually if someone is driving sales for you they get rewarded for it. I wasn`t having a go at anyone Duncan and was aware of all the facts in your post Just thinking about the members .

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I wasn`t having a go at anyone Duncan and was aware of all the facts in your post .
    I didn't say you were, nor implied in my answer - I merely explained the details.
    And that is exactly where I was coming from, the group buy wasn`t really a group buy, as it was given to individuals, a "group buy" is when people put a collective order in, as I recall bsr were giving a discount on units as they were bought, not a 1 off so it wasn`t a group buy.
    Now you're playing with symantics Tommy! A Group Buy can work in two ways.....

1) Give a discount to a group of people (the club) for a limited time period (what BSR did for us directly).

2) Give a discount if a certain number of units purchased - what BSR did for us through LMF, unfortunately the required number of purchases wasn't met to get the discount.
    Just seems to me like all the free advertising they get on the site could be rewarded with a little discount to the members buying them.
    They don't get free advertising on the site! Where do you see us (the club) giving them that? People sing their praises on the site, as they do about other companies/products like Irmscher etc., but that's not us giving them free advertising is it?!
    Just thinking about the members .
    And I wasn't when I negotiated both Group Buys with BSR?! I honestly can't see what your point/issue here is Tommy. Members have now had the opportunity of two Group Buys as detailed in my earlier post, and you're saying that they could give discounts to members! They have, twice now! I explained why they wouldn't /couldn't give a long term discount (if that's what you meant) so I can't see how I can explain/answer your question any further.

D

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information