........took place over two days.
Yesterday Chris came across to paint the Calipers which gave us an opportunity to get the wheels off and get them out of the way.
They were washed, clayed polished and then sealed and came up a treat. Andy told me that he'd waxed them earlier in the year and this meant the brake dust came away really easily.
So on to today which stared around 8.30 a.m. Not many Pics of the actual Prep. because we cracked on in case the rain came.
Cleaned wheels again
APC applied to Arches
We then checked the paint and found it was in superb condition. Clearly the Pro. detail the car received earlier in the year was paying off because the paint was so easy to work with. At that time it was polished and waxed so I found it interesting how well the wax had protected it since.
The front bumper was the only area we were concerned with. It had after all been to Germany and back quite recently so Andy clayed the bumper and then applied a paint cleaner to get it to the same condition as the rest of the car.
So then we stuck to the original plan to apply a glaze (Megs. #7) and then finish off with Nattys Red. This was used in the Pro. detail too.
To finish off Andy spent forever on the exhausts but they needed it. and then the tyres were dressed before ASD was applied to the Arches.
Total time(for the detail bit) including yesterday was around 7 hours but i think it looks stunning.
Andy is doing the inside tomorrow and the Shoot is the day after.
Thanks for all the advise given over the last few weeks. It was a daunting prospect but I'm very pleased with the results and hopefully the car will be presented to TV at her very best.
Thanks for reading.