Thread: Crewe by election

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Crewe by election

Whatever anyone thinks about the various governments and opposing parties that we have had over the years, one thing for sure is that each has a limited shelf life.

Voters are fickle and mostly aided by the media, forecasts of doom become a self-fulfilling prophecy. No matter what one's opinions are, it is difficult to see how this government can survive. This seat was only 156th on the tory target list.

Let's try and keep any comments neutral - more about the concept of voters becoming dissatisfied with the incumbent rather than any pointless toff/worker bashing. I just find it interesting how things develop

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Jaguar XF 3.0D V6

Trim : Black

Engine : 3.0D V6

Year : 0000

Not surprising really.

It goes to show that people ARE dissaffected by the Labour years and want change, as the previous Labour MP had been in office for 34 years before her death.

If it happens in Crewe then it could happen anywhere. Mr S - h - 1 - t (Brown) must be very disturbed by it, well at least he SHOULD be.

At the end of the day, people vote for those who they think will make the best job of it - that's the ideal anyway.
    Those who vote Labour / Tory cos 'I've always voted for them, so did my dad, and I always will' are IMO fools and maybe shouldn't be trusted with the responsibility of the having the vote.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I think he knows the economy is shot, he knows he has no say in oil prices, he knows he can't cut tax because he's already spent the next three yrs revenue's on building houses for Europe and benefit money for the occupants of most of the said new houses, so right now he's clinging on for as much time as he can hold out for until the wave of GET OUT!! washes him and Labour out of power, Tony Blair has done a real job on him, the economy faltered around October 2004 and it's been in steady decline ever since, granted he's done nothing to try to put any of it right and he also is the man who raised so many taxes, but he really is the idiot that has inherited the mess made by the former idiot who was smart enough to get office and stay there so long without doing anything other than keep feathering his own nest.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

You just can't win with any party thats in power,you really can't when the tories get to office there first priority will be to secure the profits and income of the priveliged and wealthiest in society first and foremost,which is what they allways do,sorry to p**S on peoples chips here,but you will not ...repeat not be any better off monetarily under the con party,they are ALL as bad as each other.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Jaguar XF 3.0D V6

Trim : Black

Engine : 3.0D V6

Year : 0000

That's not really my point. As long as politicians know that the public have a limit of endurance, maybe and just maybe, they will think twice when trying to screw us (again), or they'll be thrown out on their ar$e

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

im not sure people remember well enough Norman Lamont cocking up the economy. In opposition all you have to do is criticise and oppose. If someone says schools aren’t good enough you can say they would be under us look at x y z the government have done nothing about...

My view is a change would be good for the country, we need a stint of reigning in public spending and the benefits culture economy we are creating. The biggest problems I can see in the uk are the lack of any incentive to work for many people, the benefits system weighted in favour of families who claim multiple benefits, the horrendous law and order breakdown and lack of deterrent sentencing.

I dont respect any current politicians, i fear they all have a nose in the westminster trough.

Thread Information