Thread: Some Observations..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

rolleyes Some Observations..

...from today. Bit random, but thought I'd share anyway!

• Dump valves do NOT sound cool. I had the pleasure of being sat in 25mph traffic today behind a chavved up old Rover 4 series with one fitted... 2nd gear - vroomtssschh - 3rd gear - brake - 2nd gear..... Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear
    • In a tuned 1.9 CDTi, Golf GTI's and Civic Type-R's are really no challenge BMW M5's and EVO VIII's are somewhat more problematic....
    • My first £70+ tank of diesel was not a joyful way to hand money to the theiving government

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

i have to agree on number one... very 'oh dear' when you see/hear one..

number 2...I don't have any problem with tuned 1.9 cdtis or indeed the GTi's or Vtec R's..M5's need to learn to move over...EVO's..likewise..

number 3.. £70 is this week.. whats it going to be next week....quite glad i've got a petrol..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by parapaul View Post
    ...from today. Bit random, but thought I'd share anyway!

• Dump valves do NOT sound cool. I had the pleasure of being sat in 25mph traffic today behind a chavved up old Rover 4 series with one fitted... 2nd gear - vroomtssschh - 3rd gear - brake - 2nd gear..... Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear
    • In a tuned 1.9 CDTi, Golf GTI's and Civic Type-R's are really no challenge BMW M5's and EVO VIII's are somewhat more problematic....
    • My first £70+ tank of diesel was not a joyful way to hand money to the theiving government
    dump valves are not all about the sound, stops the turbo staling and will reduce intake temps. Slightly faster in gear performance. Plus I quite like the sound.

And I assume you are exaggerating about the performance, or do you actually believe it takes m5s or evo8s to challenge you. Also I don't think gtis(are you talking about the new 2.0t one?) or type rs would be no challenge?

Quote Originally Posted by Gsi3.2 View Post
    i have to agree on number one... very 'oh dear' when you see/hear one..

number 2...I don't have any problem with tuned 1.9 cdtis or indeed the GTi's or Vtec R's..M5's need to learn to move over...EVO's..likewise..

number 3.. £70 is this week.. whats it going to be next week....quite glad i've got a petrol..
    I am really lame with picking up sarcasm in the written word but surely you are not suggesting that a 3.2v6 is faster than a evo8 & m5?

Sorry if I sound like a dick here and I am more than willing to learn how I am wrong if you have the time to explane.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Dump valves only stop it stalling on a very tuned motor, no matter what you read. I can keep up with Civic type'rs do a tuned 1.9 thats faster than me would do it easily. M5's etc are normally limited to 155, a gsi is not.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by gallag View Post
    dump valves are not all about the sound, stops the turbo staling and will reduce intake temps. Slightly faster in gear performance. Plus I quite like the sound.

And I assume you are exaggerating about the performance, or do you actually believe it takes m5s or evo8s to challenge you. Also I don't think gtis(are you talking about the new 2.0t one?) or type rs would be no challenge?

I am really lame with picking up sarcasm in the written word but surely you are not suggesting that a 3.2v6 is faster than a evo8 & m5?

Sorry if I sound like a dick here and I am more than willing to learn how I am wrong if you have the time to explane.

I agree gallag,at least we don,t have plooms of smoke coming out the back when we accellerate lol!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Plus I quite like the sound.

Your post comes across as quite sarcastic...

do you actually believe it takes m5s or evo8s to challenge you.
    No, I'm quite sure there's plenty of cars out there that would leave me standing - this was just what I came across today.

Also I don't think gtis(are you talking about the new 2.0t one?) or type rs would be no challenge?
    Come on CTR's and Golf GTIs are really not that special. And they're invariably driven by people who can't drive them to their full potential. I'm sure on paper, and probably in a fair comparison, they are quicker, but today, they went home easily beaten by a diesel Vectra estate

On this forum, unlike many others, people don't tend to post bull**** about how they've got a 'scooby-beater' or whatever. Some guys claim to get 50mpg around town. Nutron claims to have about 250bhp. I claim to have suitably embarrassed a couple of hot-hatch owners. Just banter

Oh - and the M5 was a closer match than the Evo I was with him up to about 50mph.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Dump valves on a bora or on a toldeo TDi do my head in, and are so common over here in Ireland.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by parapaul View Post

Your post comes across as quite sarcastic...

No, I'm quite sure there's plenty of cars out there that would leave me standing - this was just what I came across today.

Come on CTR's and Golf GTIs are really not that special. And they're invariably driven by people who can't drive them to their full potential. I'm sure on paper, and probably in a fair comparison, they are quicker, but today, they went home easily beaten by a diesel Vectra estate

On this forum, unlike many others, people don't tend to post bull**** about how they've got a 'scooby-beater' or whatever. Some guys claim to get 50mpg around town. Nutron claims to have about 250bhp. I claim to have suitably embarrassed a couple of hot-hatch owners. Just banter

Oh - and the M5 was a closer match than the Evo I was with him up to about 50mph.
    Really not trying to be sarcastic mate, just interested. Gotta say though a m5 does 0-60 in 4.5 seconds, mabey he was driving normally

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

The M5 was from a rolling start off a roundabout, so I was already in 2nd and the turbo was spooled up. If it had been from standing, I wouldn't have stood a chance

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by hudz View Post
    I agree gallag,at least we don,t have plooms of smoke coming out the back when we accellerate lol!
    What???? Thats the best bit as you pass a petrol!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information