User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: What to do if you find a scratch.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default What to do if you find a scratch.....

.......when you get your car back from the Dealer's ???

I have a black Vectra.Lovely when clean,but a nightmare to keep clean.Because of this,I know the bodywork inside/out.My car was in the Dealer's for around 2 x weeks having a new engine fitted.It got dropped off today around 3pm and I went out to check it over.Noticed a large scratch on the bonnet of the car that was definitely not there before it went away, but as I can't drive just now (shoulder injury),the car had to be delivered.I have phoned the Dealer and registered my complaint and they told me the Service Manager will be back in tomorrow.However,I can see it now - 'The car was fine when it left here........' Am I on to 'plums'?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

They'll try and wriggle, no doubt, you just have to keep on at them. Stand your ground. If you are absolutely and positively certain it wasn't there before they took it in, then they should sort it and without fuss or inconvenience.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Toyota

Trim : Yaris Hybrid

Engine : 1.5 Hybrid

Year : 2021

Mileage : 5525

did you have any pictures of the car b4 it got taken in ???.......

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

No.This is the thing that annoys me though.Where does it stop??? Is it realistic to think that you need to take pics of every panel on your car on every occasion that your car goes in to get a repair done? Then how can you prove that the pics weren't doctored etc,etc.

All I know is that I can pretty much tell you every small scratch and where it is on my car.I know it inside/out.This scratch was definitely NOT on the bonnet before it went in and 'coincidentally' it was having an engine fitted.Prior to my car going in,the bonnet was opened and close numerous times because initially it was thought the issue may have been the battery.Immediately before it went in to the Dealers,the RAC guy had the engine open and I was watching him like a hawk.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Toyota

Trim : Yaris Hybrid

Engine : 1.5 Hybrid

Year : 2021

Mileage : 5525

yep i do know what you mean about evry lil scratch...am the same here ...thinking oh bother that wernt there b4......so am fully understanding of your plite..............just kick up a fuss and hope VX garage sorts it for you

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I know how you feel matey, it happened to my car which had to go back for a minor job when it was only 1 week old, small scratch on door on return.. only small but they denied they had done it. B******s.

Everytime I get a new stone chip I feel like crying, and I seem to be getting more than my fair share with this motor. :-((

Have a good go at them.. you may have more luck.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I too know how you feel, my car has been damaged twice by my dealer.

First time was the front left wheel was dropped when they had it off and the second one of the workshop lads scraped my front wheelarch on another customers car!

The wheel was done without fuss as the old service manager was excellent, the arch was a different story.

Firstly they tried to hide it by parking the damaged side against another car so I couldn't see it properly, I only saw it the following day.

I reported it too them and they denied it, but after taking a very tough stance with them they relented and admitted one of the young saturday workers had pranged it in the carpark, even after they had repaired it it was still visible so I just stood my ground until it was done properly.

Hope you get it sorted matey, just stand your ground and don't be fobbed off.

Old School Vectra-C.Com. Residing in sunny Leeds.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : 9-3 Wagon

Trim : Turbo Edition

Engine : TID (1.9 16v)

Year : 2010

Mileage : 137000

The exact thing happened when I got my engine replaced. Luckily I saw it in the dealers car park. I walked straight to the front of the service desk in front of prospective customers and said my piece. They soon got it sorted.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Good luck Im currently battleing with our local dealer over a brand new Corsa we bought in March that was collected and it had loads of little scratches down the passenger side, they look like they were done when the valleter rubbed his hose down the side. We asked them not to wash it due to the poor state my vectra came with swirl marks, We also collected it late and it was raining so we really only checked the corner and wheels for scratches. It was the following morning when I washed it they were discovered.

It has been back 3 times now, first time they didnt do much the white marks were still visible, 2nd time they said they needed to paint it (A new car?) but we agreed. Third time it went for painting that took them less than 8 hours, yeah right no paint touched the car they just polished it again, nd what a mess it is, they took loads of paint off, left really bad swirl marks and very thin paint in some sections. We have rejected the car and are waiting for them to agree to replace it.

Thread Information