User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Enough is enough! Time for a general strike?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Enough is enough! Time for a general strike?

Well the other night I went past the Texaco garage on the A1 at Doncaster and diesel was £1.299 a litre!!! That's £5.85 a gallon! In the last few months I know crude prices are going up but I filled up in Calais last Saturday and even with the strong Euro it's about £1.02 a litre. So we have nearly a 30% difference on exactly the same product as our friendly frog crunchers!

Everyday in my lorry I put in 150 litres so from this time last year one shift has gone up from approx £150 to nearly £200! We have 180 lorries and each one does at least 2 shifts a day(if you can work that little lot out you'll see how much Gordon Brown's fat wallet is increasing and that's just one company...!). Who in the end will pay for all the lorries' costs rising acros the country? YOU WILL. As well as all the sneaky taxes that we're being hit with absolutely all prices are going up (from bread,milk, chicken to gas and electricity) yet we're still being taxed on the fuel price rises and then VAT put on top!

I know all politicians are only in it to line their own pockets but surely if nothing is done how close to a general strike can we be? I have practically nothing left every month now due to not having had a pay rise for 4 years due to the poor state of the economy and rising fuel prices and it's getting to the stage of looking at people on the dole enviously cause they're better off than me and I work 60 hours a week!

GORDON BROWN AS A STARTER DROP THE CRIPPLING FUEL TAXES BEFORE YOU KILL THIS COUNTRY!!

Rant over- discuss

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

fuel.. it's a rip-off.. and it is all tax..

last xmas we were on holiday in fuertaventura and i had a TD4 freelander.. Diesel in the UK was £1.09 a litre.. on the ISLAND it was E0.52.. thats right.. about 30p a litre and the SHIP THE STUFF IN!!!..

the only thing that i have to warn about the cheap diesel on the continent, is that the £1 a litre stuff is normally Bio and if it's a VX it's not good for it at all....mercs and renaults will use it no probs thou..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

the only thing that i have to warn about the cheap diesel on the continent, is that the £1 a litre stuff is normally Bio and if it's a VX it's not good for it at all....mercs and renaults will use it no probs thou..

It was Shell though Mark and a r r r Diesel!

Ex Vec-C Admin & Founder Bainie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I filled up last Sunday before coming to work , £1.37 a litre for deisel, 1/2 a tank for £41.00 !!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra Estate

Trim : Elite

Engine : 3.2 V6

Year : 04

Mileage : 000

It will all have a knock on effect people will not have enough money for luxuries, but only for the essential things, so things like "white goods" will not be bought and those sort of shops will loose trade. Looks very much like this Government wants us in a recession. About time we stood up to them. Rgere is a local election up north this week lets see if they get another kicking, they might listen then, but I doubt it. They have been in power for some 13 years and we are now worse off under them...........

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia

Trim : VX -LINE

Engine : 2.0 Diesel

Year : 2018

Quote Originally Posted by j13hdb View Post
    Well the other night I went past the Texaco garage on the A1 at Doncaster and diesel was £1.299 a litre!!! That's £5.85 a gallon! In the last few months I know crude prices are going up but I filled up in Calais last Saturday and even with the strong Euro it's about £1.02 a litre. So we have nearly a 30% difference on exactly the same product as our friendly frog crunchers!

Everyday in my lorry I put in 150 litres so from this time last year one shift has gone up from approx £150 to nearly £200! We have 180 lorries and each one does at least 2 shifts a day(if you can work that little lot out you'll see how much Gordon Brown's fat wallet is increasing and that's just one company...!). Who in the end will pay for all the lorries' costs rising acros the country? YOU WILL. As well as all the sneaky taxes that we're being hit with absolutely all prices are going up (from bread,milk, chicken to gas and electricity) yet we're still being taxed on the fuel price rises and then VAT put on top!

I know all politicians are only in it to line their own pockets but surely if nothing is done how close to a general strike can we be? I have practically nothing left every month now due to not having had a pay rise for 4 years due to the poor state of the economy and rising fuel prices and it's getting to the stage of looking at people on the dole enviously cause they're better off than me and I work 60 hours a week!

GORDON BROWN AS A STARTER DROP THE CRIPPLING FUEL TAXES BEFORE YOU KILL THIS COUNTRY!!

Rant over- discuss
    i couldnt put it better myself...... we need riots like back in the day of the poll taxes and such like we need to stand up to them cos i for one am feed up with the over taxing,over crowding,nhs under funding {having to pay private for dentists} and seeing people who are too lazy too go to work and would rather take take take and not put back in whilst drinking their cans of stella.. youve got me started now and its sunday morning, i ****ng hate this country at the moment, well not the actual country, i love it but the so called leaders, where the **** are they leading us too....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

UK is the only country where diesel is more expensive than petrol yet is cheaper to produce

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

And there were some middle class numpties on the radio the other day saying that a reccession will make us all better people,as we will appreciate what we have,i tell ya i was flippin fumin.....for someone that has worked for 25ish years on low pay strugling to pay a mortgage and paying all the fuel taxes and all the other stealth taxes...and to get some turd comin on and sayin it will do you good..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

This is my first car, insurance, thats expensive enough, but next year my road tax will be £415... £200 more than this year! Now with the price on petrol going up and up... might have to go back to getting the train and bus everywhere. I can't understand how all this fuss up in Scotland a few weeks back, caused petrol to go up, then when it ended... it went up more! They really have us by the balls in this country... Where's that visa application to Iraq gone???

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Not that it will do any good at all but I signed up to this petition...

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/Lowerduty...ppPBIh8CNAGzSw

Hopefully Labour will take a good kicking in the next local elections

But even then I dont think they will do anything, the problem with this country is people moan alot but dont take action !

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information