Thread: Bluetooth Phone Kit

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Thumbs down Bluetooth Phone Kit

Have new Signum with Bluetooth phone kit but cannot get it to work correctly with a Nokia N95. The phone pairs and I can make and receive calls BUT the contacts list and calls lists will not transfer over and all incoming calls appear as Unknown including the numbers I have programmed into the kit's internal phonebook memory.

Checked all DBs to no avail and found loads of similar queries on the Nokia BDs from all makes of cars.

Has anyone here resolved or is it best to give up and bin the N95 and revert to the old 6310i?

Response from VX Technical Services (via Customer Services) was to say "phone not on our compatible list" BUT VX has never produced such a list - only a list of cradles the only advantage of which is to charge the phone and an incar charger at less than £10 is better than a VX cradle at £101 etc.
    Response from Nokia Customer Services was to say "load the latest firware upgrade" but I had already done that. Ho hum!

On a Sabbatical
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

its the n95 not the car kit

all the nokia's will be the same they use a diffrent bluetooth wavelength to all the other phones out there

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Astra j sports tourer

Trim : elite

Engine : 1.6 cdti

Year : 2015

try nokia website and theres a download to upgrade ya fone software,
    the guy that does all me tech2 he metioned that the nokia has some kind of
    software update for the phone itself.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Thanks for the feedback. Not all Nokia's are the same as my old 6310i works fine as does my son's brand new 3110c. Nothing to do with Bluetooth frequencies - rather the software on the phone. The phone pairs with the kit and will receive and make calls - just not transfer the contacts or call lists as noted in original post. Loads of other car makes show exactly the same problem and Nokia even had to produce a PUSH software upgrade for the N95 to make it work with their own 810 in car kit!

In terms of firmware upgrades for the N95 - I have been to the Nokia web site and downloaded the "latest" for my phone - although the version number is different from other contributors to the Nokia DB.
    Also downloaded the 810Push patch (see above) as this appears to have worked for others but no joy here.
    Had call from dealer principle telling me he is trying to get VX to give me a compatible phone as I bought the kit in good faith. Not holding breath! LoL

On a Sabbatical
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

the older nokia use the same bluetooth as all the other but the n range of phone have an upgraded bluetooth ,, to there new standard witch nobody but nokia uses yet

there is nothing wrong with any of the car kits and nokia keep telling the makes of the car kits that they will not be no updating to there bluetooth as this will become the new standard of bluetooth to come .
    so in time all the maker of the phone kits will then have full Automatic phonebook synchronization as there all start following nokia line with the saver bluetooth

parrot are already have fully Automatic phonebook synchronization with the nokia n95 and some other nightmare phones
    Last edited by chrisgettings; 15th May 2008 at 18:37.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Nokia don't use the full bluetooth handsfree protocol on all the Symbian OS (6 series phones) The bits they miss out are the phonebook type functions other things will work like dial etc

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Signum

Trim : Elite

Engine : 3.2 V6

Year : 05

My works 6310i works with all functions/phone book etc but my N95 didn't so i got rid and bought a SE K850i. That works ok with it.

Ex Vec-C Admin & Founder Bainie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

My N95 does not show any call lists on my Leon Bluetooth , also be carefull with the firmware upgrade, mine went away to be repaired and they updated it, and now some of the functions I had have stopped working, very annoying ...

My wifes w810 works perfectly though , makes my fancy pants phone look a bit stoopid !!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Caterman View Post
    My works 6310i works with all functions/phone book etc but my N95 didn't so i got rid and bought a SE K850i. That works ok with it.
    The 6310i is a series 4 phone and in my opinion the best mobile phone ever made, I personally don't want or need the other gubbins such as cameras and radios that they add on today, plus I don't really need a power hungry colour screen, after all the phone is at my ear most of the time.

On a Sabbatical
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

the 6310 must have been the best phone nokia have ever made i had 2 on contract and the 1 of them my mum still has and is going strong "" great bit of kit ""

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information