User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: The Bahamas....Help I'm a Brit get me out of here!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Thumbs down The Bahamas....Help I'm a Brit get me out of here!

As I write this I'm on my travels again...This time in the Carribean. I'm currently 40 or so miles offshore sitting on a ship thats going east 10 miles then west 10 miles then east ten miles then west 10 miles...Its day 3!

We left Manchester on Tuesday last week flying business class with virgin. They collected me from the house and overall it was OK, but not as good as other airlines! We had a night in Orlando so we got away from the tourist trail and sampled some of americas finest. All tickedy Boo! next day we had to come to Grand Bahama island to meet our ship. The plane from Orlando to Freeport was so small we all had a window seat, the pilot gave the safety brief and i couldn't put my feet under the seat infront because of the wing strut.

We arrived in Freeport and approached imigration...."what ya all ere for?" da man arsked! My colleague foolishly said "We are going to work on a british Warship"! We were quickly ushered into a security office....I started to think the Rubber gloves were comming out. We were held for an hour with no reason given, We tried to contact some people who had our shipping agency contact but our mobiles would not work and they wouldn't let us use their phones! Then with no explanation a man usherd us back to the arrivals hall stamped our visas and let us go.

Then we arrived at customs.....I have a large tool chest with me....."whats dat?" they ask....Here we go again I thought! Anyway he waived me through and we were in!

Then we got a taxi to the "Hotel". Hotel is a loose term really, I'd a called it Tenko! Every door in the bui;ding needed a swipe card to get through, The lift needed a swipe card, There was security everyon all external doors...They search our rooms before we could check out! The restaurant had no food and the bar no beer. All for a bargin of £90 a night! Thanks god it was just for one night!

After we checked in I realised my personal Mobile had dissapeared at the airport or en route. My company phone did not work! To be fair to the staff at Tenko, they made a few phone calls for me but no joy. So I rang my missus from the room and in 90 seconds told her to cancel my phone and hung up....$22 Then a few hours later my phone re-appears! and its dead!

We went looking for some food outside the hotel....Very soon we realised we'd stepped into that scene from Deliverence...The locals were looking at us like we were fresh meat on a platter. We couldn't get back to Tenko quick enough!

We went into Town that night for dinner. This was a little nicer and we ended up at a nice ITALIAN in the Marina! I came 4000 miles for and ITALIAN!!!

Next day we boarded ship and although we had several hours of free time to explore...We chose to stay with the ship. So here I am in the ocean doing 7knots (abobout 5-6mph), Its 31-32 degrees on deck which is out of bounds because of Helo activity, In the compartment I work in its well above 35, with no Aircon or ventilation.

We get off later next week and have 2 days in Nassau....It had better be good!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Sounds like a great adventure you're on brocks,could put up with all you have had to be in the Bahama's right now.............

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Yeah i'd be like that too,i'd be distraught if i'd gone all the way there to eat pizza!
    What an absolute nightmare,sitting in an Italian restraunt in the Bahamas! I'd rather pull my own finger nails off

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Personally Can't wait to get home!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

whats the address we have to send your Air-con unit to then Steve?..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

nassau,love the place.get yourself to paradise island

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Gsi3.2 View Post
    whats the address we have to send your Air-con unit to then Steve?..
    You can bring it in person if you like Mark.....Along with a bulletproof vest or two!

Since my last post I,ve progressed a little further along grand theft auto on my PSP and I've had a bowl of Ravioli....The top deck is open now....But theres bad weather coming in!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra cdti estate

Trim : Get a

Engine : Dirty diesel

Year : 2006

sound's more like a hard time prisoner despatch mate, hope it get's better for you

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I spoke to my colleague yesterday who got two days in Nassau after I had to return early......Apparently it was georgous....G1T!

Thread Information