Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vauxhall Astra-J

Trim : Elite

Engine : 2.0 CDTi

Year : 2013

Default Front ashtray illumination

Is there supposed to be a illumination light for the ashtray if there is only an accessory socket fitted?

My previous Vectra (53 Elegance) had a ciggy lighter and both that and the ashtray were illuminated, but my current Vectra (06 Elite) only has an accessory socket and there doesn't appear to be a bulb or bulb holder for the ashtray. Pretty sure I once stuck my fingers down the side of the ashtray body (ashtray itself removed) and something fell off the side where the bulb should be. I've had half the centre console apart today and there are no loose wires or a bulb holder hanging down.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

My 55 plate facelift sri doesn't have an iluminated ash tray or cig lighter either as i don't smoke it doesn't really bother me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Opel Insignia

Trim : Cosmo

Engine : 2.0 CDTI

Year : 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    Is there supposed to be a illumination light for the ashtray if there is only an accessory socket fitted?

My previous Vectra (53 Elegance) had a ciggy lighter and both that and the ashtray were illuminated, but my current Vectra (06 Elite) only has an accessory socket and there doesn't appear to be a bulb or bulb holder for the ashtray. Pretty sure I once stuck my fingers down the side of the ashtray body (ashtray itself removed) and something fell off the side where the bulb should be. I've had half the centre console apart today and there are no loose wires or a bulb holder hanging down.

No, not on mine anyway. But it is easy to do: there is a white connector taped to the side underneath the ashtray. I connected one led-bulb to this illumination feed and taped it on the side behind the opening. See: http://www.vectra-c.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15999

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

i haven't got one on my 07 vecy neither, wire is there tho. vx are so tight now lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

My early 2005 pre f/l has the all the wiring fully connected & even a bulb in the cig lighter but it doesn't work, & having tested it out it doesn't have a 12v feed to it either - all seems a bit strange & I can't really see that it can be a Tech2 opion to have it on or off!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vauxhall Astra-J

Trim : Elite

Engine : 2.0 CDTi

Year : 2013

Thanks folks. I'm pretty sure the bulb holder was there before I put my fingers on it and dislodged it. I've had as much of the centre console apart as I can manage without ripping out the auto gear lever. Can't see the holder at all. Found the white connector though. It was wrapped in sticky foam and stuck to the side of the console. There is another wire which is wrapped (masking tape) to the two wires that go to the accessory socket. Presumably that's the feed for the bulb illumination if it was a ciggy lighter there?

Not overly bothered if the ashtray can be illuminated or not. Just makes it handy for lighting up small items stored in the ashtray ;o)

I thought it was an LED but elsewhere on here someone mentioned it was a capless bulb.

Thread Information