Just thought I'd let everyone know about my Autoglass experience.
I got a stone chip that was too big to repair, so arranged for Autoglass to come to my work and replace the screen.
Sounds good so far.
On the day they came to replace the screen I was out, so left the keys with a workmate. When I returned the job was done. Great!! or so I thought.
Having a look at the new screen (as you do) I noticed a 6" scratch on the n/s of the screen. Now that is bad enough however, upon further investigation I found a 2" dent in the o/s wing of the car, mastic stuck on the outside of the screen and wiper blades, a chunk out of the side channels that run down the side of the screen and enough crap on my dash to fill a skip.
So i jumps in the car and calls autoglass using my bluetooth connection.
They answer the phone "hello, hello, heeelllloooo"..phone goes down.
I call again and get the same response.
so I grabs the microphone and gives the cable a little tug..the whole thing comes out, They had sliced through the wire when removing the screen..*sigh*
so I calls them again..the old fashioned way, and was told.....
1. The dent was already there. (I washed the car by hand that morning and it wasn't there then)
2. I should have informed the "technician" that I had hands free. (even though he had to remove the mic to remove the mirror from the old screen)
3. The scratch on the screen must have happened after the screen had been fitted.
4. How can I expect to have a bonded widscreen replaced without a little mastic being "visible". (it's all over the damn screen and has wrecked the wiper blades).
5. A little damage when replacing a screen is unavoidable.
As you can probably guess, I'm not the happiest bunny at the moment. I love my Vec and it is immaculate inside and out.
Now I have to wait until Tuesday for a manager to come see the car.
My advice...avoid Autoglass like the plague!!!
I'll update on Tuesday evening.