User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boy was I the centre of attention!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Boy was I the centre of attention!

Coming down the A30 on the way for a weekend in Cornwall on Thursday I was approaching some roadworks.
    A Police van was in front of me so I nipped in front of him before the roadworks started. I stuck to 50mph and when the roadworks finished I accelerated away briskly and continued my journey.

About 5 miles later I saw two dog units on my LHS. As I passed them they quickly pulled out behind me and started following me. I set the cruise to 75 and sat there. I told the missus to expect to be pulled over in a minute or two.

Sure enough, on came the lights. The second car started a box in type manouever and sat just off my offside rear wing preventing any other cars from overtaking.

I had to drive for about 5 miles until I could find a turnoff where I could safely stop as I had the baby in the child seat and there was no where safe for me to stop.
    As I was looking for somewhere the second car pulled alongside me,sounded his sirens and indicated for me to pull over. I swore at him and gesticulated a "Where" and he realised what I was doing and pulled back.

Anyway, when I found somewhere and stopped, 2 armed response vehicles pulled up, the van with 4 coppers in and the 2 dog estates and they all surrounded the car!!!

I calmly got out and asked what the problem was to be informed that my number plate did not match my car. I asked if it was was the number of a black Signum to which they replied yes.

I burst out laughing and told them that the DVLA had given me the authorisation to put my private plate on yesterday and had only put the plate and tax disc on that morning. In all fairness, as I had my insurance and both parts of my license there was no problem. The one pointed out that he could do me for the spacing on my plate but that I had gone through enough hassle for one day.

We had a bit of a laugh and joke and I was on my way, excitement over!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vauxhall

Trim : Astra Twin Top

Engine : 1.9cdti

Year : 07

oooooooooerrrrrrrrr ......not a good way to start the holiday.......guess we will be seeing you on carwars or summit then lol

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Glad it got sorted in the end,but why so many police for 1 car.......:

Wonder why we don't have enough police doing more important matters.......

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Ah so your were a hit on our ANPR then!!
    Don't worry too much, it's all part of a big ANPR op that is going on down here.
    The armed response guys weren't just for you. Our Traffic department is made up of unarmed & armedtraffic officers. When they are not doing firearms jobs they revert to being traffic units, they carry sidearms overtly all the time, but it does raise a few eyebrows.

The reason everyone was there is that the idea is that if the car we want to stop doesn't want to stop then everything is in place to deal with it. You'd be surprised at some of the stuff that we have coming through, guns drugs, stolen cars you name it!

Yours would have raised a few eyebrows seeing as your plate didn't match the car... usually a sign of something very interesting!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by glenboy View Post
    Glad it got sorted in the end,but why so many police for 1 car.......:

Wonder why we don't have enough police doing more important matters.......

It's because of ops like this that in Devon & Cornwall we have seen tens of thousands of ££££££ in drugs seized, compunds of stolen vehicles recovered, and a LARGE number of people arrested who are wanted for SERIOUS offences. You would be amazed at the sort of things we are finding. Trust me, if you are a law abiding memeber of the public and you live in Devon or Cornwall then you should be happy this stuff is going on because it's working, a lot of bad guys & gals are getting taken off the streets you use.
    The ops are staffed by officers from ANPR teams and roads policing officers and this is what we do.
    The usual 24/7 frontline response officers are still there grinding away at it!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by sonic View Post
    It's because of ops like this that in Devon & Cornwall we have seen tens of thousands of ££££££ in drugs seized, compunds of stolen vehicles recovered, and a LARGE number of people arrested who are wanted for SERIOUS offences. You would be amazed at the sort of things we are finding. Trust me, if you are a law abiding memeber of the public and you live in Devon or Cornwall then you should be happy this stuff is going on because it's working, a lot of bad guys & gals are getting taken off the streets you use.
    The ops are staffed by officers from ANPR teams and roads policing officers and this is what we do.
    The usual 24/7 frontline response officers are still there grinding away at it!
    How interesting,thanks for the info,makes me and my family feel alot safer living in Devon,its great to know things are being done to prevent drugs and toerags being let loose in our communities......

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I don't have a problem with it at all. The guys were friendly with the exception of the lead ARV who was a bit "look at me I'm Sandra Dee" in his shades etc, but it does a job and it's a job that needs doing. Scum use cars as well, I pay road tax, insurance etc so if it gets them off the road permanently I totally agree with it.
    They also told me there was an excercise going on in the area hence there were so many vehicles around at the time.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Triple Trouble View Post
    I don't have a problem with it at all. The guys were friendly with the exception of the lead ARV who was a bit "look at me I'm Sandra Dee"
    Ha Ha..... I'm saying nothing!

and Glenboy, you'd be amazed if you could see what we get in just 1 day on the A386 into Plymouth, and most of them driving past your house before they get to us!!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Don't get too efficient - word will get around, and every serious criminal in the country will be driving around in a properly taxed/licensed/insured vehicle ... leaving you to scoop up housewives with expired VED, DVLA errors, MIDB errors...

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

:d:d:d:d:d:d

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast