Thread: My signum is cursed help!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Angry My signum is cursed help!

Hi I am new to this site and I desperately need help.

I have a Signum Design Dti Auto registered in September 03.

We bought it in July 2006 and we were the second owners. The first set of problems we had started with the engine losing all power it was in the garage weeks and Vauxhall would not pay for a courtesy car so firstly we have paid hundreds for a rental car. My local Vauxhall dealer could not rectify the problem and in trying to the car has had 2 new turbo's and something done to the fuel line (i'm a girl i don't know the techincal name ) In the end my car ended up at Vauxhall's factory where the complaint was said to be a wrong screw put in the Swirl Actuator housing. My local garage and the garage we bought it from both took no responsibilty for this fault both claiming they had not touched it so we bore the whole costs of £1885.64 .

Since then my car has had new front springs, both steering arms replaced, anti roll bar links replaced all found when it was serviced.

As soon as it came out of the garage the car had another fault the engine losses power and goes into limp home mode with the picture of the car with the spanner through it. The book says turn the engine off and it should rectify it helpful when your doing 70mph on a duel carriage way. It went into the garage because it was happening every 5 miles. The local Vauxhall garage has replaced the mass air flow for a cost of £168.73. We had it back yesterday and it still has the same fault.

The garage does not want to know as they are short staffed HELP!!!!!!

Does anyone know whats wrong with my car!!! I have a feeling it is a friday afternoon car and I'm so so poor now!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your problems. My first Siggy (2.2dti) had to have a turbo hose replaced as it had split which also caused it to go into limp mode. This may be your problem too. Sorry I can't be any more specific (but I am sure someone else will come along and elaborate for you) but this has been a pretty regular occurence and topic/thread on the website over the last year or so, so you should be able to find more references to it (and possibly some 'how to' references also).

Hope you get sorted ASAP.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Hello there, sorry you are having troubles.

First of all, when the car has been in for checks and inspections, there must have been fault codes either showing or stored which should have pointed a half decent mechanic in the right direction.

In the absence of better info, I'd suggest the following, get the boost sensor cleaned up, the connections can allow water to ingress which will throw the car into limp home mode.

Also, check thoroughly the condition and security of the boost and intercooler hoses. As you open the bonnet, they are in front of the engine, one goes towards the drivers headlight, one comes out of the engine towards the passenger side of the car before it bends towards the front and into the intercooler.

You can check the hoses yourself, it's straightforward, they'll either be loose, or split. You'll notice straight away, the boost sensor is located down the front of the block, below the EGR housing, it'll have a small plug on it with two wires coming out of it before disappearing into the sheathing and off into the loom.

Good luck with the checks, keep us informed, if need be, there'll be someone else around with more ideas.

Thread Information