I appreciate that the CDTi is a lot quicker, especially in 150bhp guise but they are £loads more expensive for equivalent age and mileage than the 2.0Dti.

I am considering getting a motorbike and if I do, the main priorities of the car will be to be practical, cheap to run and reliable because there will be no need for thrills when nothing is going to touch a bike.

With this in mind i had considered the 2.0DTi estate. been looking at an 2004 with 100,000 miles on it

How does the 2.0Dti compare in terms of reliability to the 1.9CDTi? As I understand it, the CDTi has some very expensive parts such as injectors….but if the CDTi is bullet proof, then maybe its not so much of an issue if the parts cost loads.

If I don’t get a bike, I’ll probably go for a 2.2 petrol because I’d guess they are more reliable than the 2.0….unless anyone knows otherwise.

I used to own a petrol Vectra b and to be honest I really liked it. The only thing I was particularly disappointed about was the quality of the paint/protection on the body. Mine rusted quite a lot and most of the newest vec b’s I’ve looked at (2001) are starting to rust on rear wheel arches where meets sill. Is this still a problem with the vec c? (I understand it is galvanised so it shouldn’t be. Saabs, which are also galvanised are rust free after 12 years). Can anyone comment on this and also on the vec c generally.

Sorry for so many questions

Thanks in anticipation.