0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Success At Last

Well, after all my problems with my dealer when buying my car, my service book saga and them refusing to replace my radiator under warranty.

I stuck it in for a long overdue service, as it was having an engine trouble looked at anyway and I thought I might as well see if they would fix it free under warranty, and they did so much more.

so my confidence in them is restored once again, for a start the service was only £99 (first service 25K miles 2.0 DTI), then they found and fixed my engine problem - split turbo hose - free under warranty, they also fixed my outside temp display on my trip computer which was reading F instead of a temp and then silly things like -33 C, 49 C, etc. dont know what was replaced, but it got replaced under warranty free of charge, even tho I didnt even ask them to check it, they also very kindly sorted 1 of my rear tyres which basically they are directional tyres, and the garage who done it fitted it with the arrow the wrong way, so they took the tyre off and refitted correctly free of charge. told me 1 of my front tyres was "advisory" so they fitted a Hankook for £80, garage that done my tyres before charged me £235 for 2 dunlops so the dealer was well over £30 cheaper for IMO an equivalent tyre than an independant. and they done my front brake pads for £80 inc vat and labour, which was less than another independant quoted.

as you can guess I'm still gobsmacked and blown away by this. basically now have my car back as new and perfect with nothing wrong bar my glovebox light, although still half expecting something to be not right. but well done and a big named to Arnold Clark Paisley Vauxhall branch, keep it up

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A nice change then mate.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

glad to hear some vaux dealerss are making an effort

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay then... if you're telling a good news story then so am I....

Top marks to Bicknells Vx Masterfit in Worcester... 2nd annual service today, car sailed through and all work done with no problems... they fixed my rattling tailgate (turned out to be the parcel shelf not fitting right with the interior trim) and although they couldn't find the whining noise from the fan belt pulley I had a good chat with the service manager about it:

With the knowledge I have gleaned from here (thanks to Duncan and Paul898) the service manager says he will speak with technical about this and see if this is known to them... and if not he says that if I can get him details of other dealers that have dealt with the same problem he is happy to investigate it further and take the car overnight to start it from cold and do their own diagnosis etc.... he's even hapy to do this at my convenience as I'm gonna be away for the next 12 weeks and he says we will sort it together when I come back.

Its all good and I'm well chuffed!!

Thread Information