Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default 5 Weeks And Veccy Back.. She's Not The Same Girl! :-(

Hey guys.. as some of you might know I had left the motor in with the local body guy after getting run off the road on a country lane by a crazy whit van man about 5-6 weeks ago.

Between one thing and aother, the guy took ages to get at her. the drivers wing was crumpled, headlight smashed, front panel needed and the other wing was easier to just replace, so ended up getting the whole front end sprayed to match the nice nearly new flame red bumper i got from Yorkiebar!

Big bummer.. the power steering unit was bent back onto the wheel, and the wires nipped by the bent front panel.

Anyway, got her back last night, happy with the paint job and body work, and he bent back the power steering bracket and spliced the wires. Good so far.

Problems, then:

Lost ma radio, it says SAFE on screen, prob need the code? will get that at VX if needs be)

Power ****** steering light on. Power steering works (if anything, feels even easier, though maybe thats just coz I've been driving something else). went down to local garage.. no tech2, but his diagnostic stuff hooked in and he reset power steering settings and the light stayed off for a few mins, then re appeared. What could this be? Also whirrs a bit when steering wheel is fully turned one way or the other. Please lord let it not be a new pump needed!

Also, he said there were some engine fault codes, and he wiped those. Asked me if I felt less power, but I'd only driven a couple of miles very slowly, so wasn't sure. However afterwards I can definately tell you, I HAVE ZILCH POWER!!... and no cruise control since he done that! (it was working before)

So, power steering light on, but not heavy. Whirring when fully locked.
    Very flat in terms of power now. Plus no cruise control.

Anyone any thoughts? He's taking it in the morning to check it more thoroughly, but any help beforehand would be much appreciated, as I don't want to be stitched up, and basically want ma veccy back the way she was!

Cheers lads!

Nick

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Dont know what to say to this one but make sure you are totally happy before you accept it as fully repaired and if needs be get a second opinion.

Thread Information