Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please help before I lose all my money

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I found a 2003 vectra 3.2 for sale at a dealers about three weeks ago. The only problem with it was that the front passenger footwell was full of water. That issue has now been sorted. I was on my way to collect the car this afternoon when the dealer called to say that after the electrics had been disconnected to dry the carpets, the car now will not start and needs to go to the main dealer to have the software reloaded. This sounds a bit suspect to me and I was wondering whether anyone has come accross this before. Or does anyone know of a 24 hour helpline?Please help as I haven't actually paid for the car yet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by sghypnotherapy View Post
    I found a 2003 vectra 3.2 for sale at a dealers about three weeks ago. The only problem with it was that the front passenger footwell was full of water. That issue has now been sorted. I was on my way to collect the car this afternoon when the dealer called to say that after the electrics had been disconnected to dry the carpets, the car now will not start and needs to go to the main dealer to have the software reloaded. This sounds a bit suspect to me and I was wondering whether anyone has come accross this before. Or does anyone know of a 24 hour helpline?Please help as I haven't actually paid for the car yet.
    Then don't! There's plenty more of them about. There's an awful lot of flood damaged cars floating around at the mo. I wouldn't touch this with the proverbial bargepole.

Ex Vec-C Admin / Founder Duncan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Was it flood damaged?, or was it just due to the drain hole near the pollen filter under the scuttle panel getting blocked up (common problem that causes drainage water to then get into the cabin on the passenger side). If it's the latter then it's not such a big deal, if it's proper flood damage then I'd walk away.

Can't see how the ECU needs reprogrammed, but maybe possible.

I'd ascertain exactly what was the cause of the damp footwell and take it from there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Reply

The flooding was due to the guttering being blocked, but this has now been fixed. I cant work out why the car would need reprograming

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Find another one......I wouldn't buy a car that's having these sort of problems.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia

Trim : VX-Line

Engine : BiTurbo

Year : 2014

Has the leaked water not damaged the electrics in the footwell. The body control module and other electrics are down there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Too much problems to come to the surface on a V6 in the future, you will end up saying to yorself which needle shall I look for in which stack, walk away from it mate.

Ex Vec-C Admin / Founder Duncan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Yep, the guttering being blocked would be as per my post above, so that's not such a big deal. Just make sure that it's all dried out thoroughly otherwise you'll have a damp smell and the likelihood of mould forming. I'd ask them to lift the carpet up in that area (they'll need to remove some trim I think) and make sure it's totally dried before putting it back. If they won't then simply tell them you won't be buying the car. Other guys have had this problem, the drain blocking and wet footwell) and I'm not sure what they did to make sure it was all dried properly - maybe worth a search to see.

As for the reprogramming, like I said I can't see the reason/need for that - again something to check/ascertain. If it's got into some electrical areas and caused problems there then something to be wary of - probe them further.

EDIT: Just seen Leeds Vectra's post - that's a good point he's made. They may need to replace a couple of modules etc. to sort it, which is fine as long as they bear the cost. If you're in any doubt, simply walk away - there are plenty more on the market for you to get the one you want.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

As already said, look for another one m8.

There are loads of 3.2 GSi's for sale, most of which are at bargain prices ( an absolute shedload of car for the money ).

A few years ago, when I was looking for a Vectra, I had hassles tracking down a good 3.0 V6 CDTi as they are not the easiest cars to find for sale ( or at least they were not at the time I was looking for one ).

When i eventually found the one I still have now at a local non-franchised dealer, across the road at a Vauxhall dealer, there were 4 3.2 GSi's for sale, all newer and with less miles than my chosen oil burning V6 and all better specced - at around £2k less sticker price than my CDTi.

Sign of the times I suppose, what with running costs and fuel prices.

So aye, get looking around, forget this one ( unless it's at a totally bargain price ).

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

personally i wouldnt touch it as i would always have in the back of my mind that something was going to go wrong, but its your hard earned that your spending. are they giving any warranty or guarantee's with it? might be something to consider.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information