Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Serviced yesterday

My 3.0CDTi Signum went in for it's second service yesterday (at 17K miles). Oil and filter change, Brake fluid change and a couple of other bits came to £211.00, which I suppose is about par for the course. I got 10% off that price, as my dealer (Billingtons of Flitwick) have a loyalty scheme.
    I also got new tailgate struts fitted under warranty, and they're trying to get me a new heated rear screen. as I've got a duff element in mine.
    I've always got on OK with my dealer (which is why I trek out to Flitwick, when I live in Luton), but it would be nice if they gave the car a wash, when I'm spending a couple of hundred notes with 'em. Even Skoda dealers wash cars that are in for a service!
    The only time a Vauxhall dealer ever washed one of my cars was to make amends for losing the keys!

Phil

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

cheers for the info Phil, good to know how much roughly i'll be paying when mine comes up for its second service.

i had my car in to the dealership to cure the clunking handbrake sound and they gave it a wash, which i was pleased about. and that was to do work under warranty, never mind paying for it, so you'd definitely expect a clean inside and out after a service.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by SignumPhil
    My 3.0CDTi Signum went in for it's second service yesterday (at 17K miles). Oil and filter change, Brake fluid change and a couple of other bits came to £211.00, which I suppose is about par for the course. I got 10% off that price, as my dealer (Billingtons of Flitwick) have a loyalty scheme.
    I also got new tailgate struts fitted under warranty, and they're trying to get me a new heated rear screen. as I've got a duff element in mine.
    I've always got on OK with my dealer (which is why I trek out to Flitwick, when I live in Luton), but it would be nice if they gave the car a wash, when I'm spending a couple of hundred notes with 'em. Even Skoda dealers wash cars that are in for a service!
    The only time a Vauxhall dealer ever washed one of my cars was to make amends for losing the keys!

Phil
    Interesting, my blo0dy tailgate doesn't lift very well and I have a heater element out. Would have thought they'd try and dodge the rear screen. I've also noticed clunking front suspension and a rubbish auto box at standstill. I may just book the car in before the next service is due to get it all done.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Tailgate struts seem to be becoming a common prob. I had mine replaced under warranty some time ago (year maybe), as one gradually lost it's pressure until there was nothing giving any lift or support to the tailgate. I had to hold it up to get anything out and OMFG is that tailgate heavy!!!

Been fine ever since.

D

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan
    Tailgate struts seem to be becoming a common prob. I had mine replaced under warranty some time ago (year maybe), as one gradually lost it's pressure until there was nothing giving any lift or support to the tailgate. I had to hold it up to get anything out and OMFG is that tailgate heavy!!!

Been fine ever since.

D
    Yep, mine were getting worse in cold weather, and you had to heave the tailgate open, rather than it lifting itself. Trouble is, it catches me by surprise now!
    When I was a field engineer, and we used Vauxhall cars, teh tailgate struts on our cars were always going. I don't think they allow for the tailgate to be opened a dozen or so times a day!

Phil

Phil

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by SignumPhil
    but it would be nice if they gave the car a wash, when I'm spending a couple of hundred notes with 'em. Even Skoda dealers wash cars that are in for a service!
    Phil
    As I'am into detailing I specifically ask them NOT to wash it, as they'll make a complete horlicks of it with their sponges and cheap detergent.
    The look on their faces is quite good when you tell them that but their relieved as its one less job for them to do.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

My tailgate struts went as well about 6 months ago - and as D says Very heavy door!!
    got them done under warrenty - lets hope the the new ones last longer than a year and a half!

£211 is not bad considering it costs £35 to have the brake fluid changed and £25 quid to buy the oil and filter. That makes the pollen filter a bit costly!!! I hate garages!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by lborob17
    My tailgate struts went as well about 6 months ago - and as D says Very heavy door!!
    got them done under warrenty - lets hope the the new ones last longer than a year and a half!

£211 is not bad considering it costs £35 to have the brake fluid changed and £25 quid to buy the oil and filter. That makes the pollen filter a bit costly!!! I hate garages!
    I think it was £90 for labour. I seem to recall that garages used to charge even more for oil at one stage. When I had company cars £40 seemed to be about the going rate. Or is diesel oil cheaper?

Phil

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Focus

Trim : Titanium

Engine : 1.6 TDCI

Year : 62

Mileage : 9K

Default Servicing

Had mine serviced just before xmas. It was for its 2nd service and cost me £190 that didnt include a brake fluid change.

I asked what oil they used and the serive manager replied 10/40 semi synthetic. Cheap stuff i thought to myself.

But happy with the service and they did wash mine too.

Thread Information