Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vauxhall

Trim : very

Engine : Z19DTH

Year : Nosey

Angry New Power Flow Exhaust

Just got a new exhaust and I'm not too happy with the look, sticks out too far. They seemed more interested in what they wanted the exhaust to look like than what I wanted. Kept telling me "it's not the first exhaust we've done you know", well good but I still want it to look right for me not you!

More important than the look though is that it seems to be slower now, less kick! Think I have lost a fair size chunk of torque... Any suggestions?

I had a pipe straight from the CAT back to a box at the back, suprised how big the back box was though, was expecting a small round one not something a foot wide and long.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

i seem to remenber someone else getting an exhaust from them and not being happy with it sticking out too far!!

"Where the WIFE tells me", but mainly in the DOG HOUSE....
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

just had my 2nd pipe (powerflow) put on and im chuffed to bits.If anything mine seems to have alot more poke in it .( then again as ive only got an 1800ls it couldn't go any slower), So much better with the powerflow induction kit.
    As for the exhaust sticking out too far, TAKE IT BACK AND DEMAND THEY SORT IT OUT....YOU HAVE RIGHTS AND IF YOUR NOT HAPPY WITH THEIR WORK TELL THEM THEY WILL HAVE TO SORT THE PROBLEM OR YOU'LL GO TO TRADE AND STANDARDS.. WATCH THEM S**T THEMSELVES..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

The problem is that most powerflow dealers do not know anything about exhaust design. OK they can make a system and make it look good, but regards to the flow and back pressure charactaristics needed for a system, they know absolutley nothing.

Nutron, the reason you have lost a lot of torque is because they have only fitted one box at the back, this will drastically change back pressure from the engine, this over a period of time will have effects on other parts of the car. But this is where your problem lies.

I wanted a system for my Zafira, no way in the world would I use Powerflow, so mine spent a week at Milltek while they desgned and built a system for my particular engine, as a result Milltec now supply the Zafira System.

"Where the WIFE tells me", but mainly in the DOG HOUSE....
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

heres a quick pic of mine ,moved exhausts up 1.5 inches today as they were fitted with the standard bumper on

will post new pics 2moro with them right up under bumper.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

as matt says, sadly powerflow is a franchise, and therefor basically anybody could do it (the only stipulation is that there's not another PF dealer within 10 miles)
    so, thats the reasons why you get different prices and different qualities. most are just out for the quick buck, then there's the ones that do it properly.
    i'd take it back to them, to be honest you should be ok with just 1 box on the back - or 2 boxes on a twin outlet system (thats what most have).
    take it back and tell them your probs. and tell them you want it sorted. at the end of the day the whole point in powerflow is to get something 'custom' - something YOU want!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

not been funny chaps,but thats why somethings are best left alone sometimes as they may look good but are infact sh**e.trust me i know,spent lots of money in the past and ended up wishing id never bothered.i was thinking of putting a cat back system on my 2.0t signum but am going to leave as is.hope nobody takes offence to the above as thats not intended,just my point of view.

Ex Vec-C Admin & Founder Graeme's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

mine looks ok now though not powerflow but wish i'd left alone tbh as my fuel consumption etc has been pants since having 2nd box fitted

On a Sabbatical
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I have a powerflow cat back system on mine mate. I'm over the moon with it. It was done at the Bradford branch. They wanted me to visit them so they could look at the car and design the system, then return another day for fitting. Can't recommend them enough. I had it rolling roaded without the tuning box or K&N Panel Filter on and got 155bhp. Vx standard figures are 148bhp I believe.

As others have said, take it back.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vauxhall

Trim : very

Engine : Z19DTH

Year : Nosey

I'm dying with a man cold at the moment (far worse than a normal females cold!) so I will probably have to ring them and see what they say about next week.

I'll try restricting the flow and see if that helps but I'm really suprised becuase I made a Blue Peter version myself from flexable pipe I got from halfods, that had no box and it felt better if anything than standard...

They wanted to put it far too low down to start with, didn't seem to be able to grasp the concept of suspension!

"Wheel go up, car not go up as far, exhaust smack on speed bump, you not very bright..."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information