Thread: Spanner light?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Spanner light?

Hi guys and gals i've had my 2.2 direct sri for 2 months and guess what the dreaded spanner and car light has come on and then off.The car is suffering from a slight power loss under hard accelleration whch lasts about 1 second and throws the light on and then the car accellerates fine but light stays on,as soon as you turn engine off and restart light has gone untill you accellerate hard .car is fine if you drive it like a grandad any ideas??
    The car is under one of these insurance warranties so i'm a bit worried it wont be covered HELP!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

first off.. get the codes read...don't guess the problem..then you'll know if it's covered under warranty..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I will be booking the car in this week to get codes read,light came on again this morning when it spluttered once stopped then we went shopping started car up with light on
    then light went out and car ran fine are these vectra's strange or what??? but i can see it costing me money!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Took the car to the garage and nearly broke down,it caughed and spluttered when pushed in 3rd gear and then yellow engine light came on managed to judder and limp to the garage and was told i have a misfire and maybe needs a new fuel pump but the problem is intermittant only throws faults and lights when you push the car hard,drive it steady and no probs! it now has to go to vauxhall.Has anyone got any ideas what is wrong??

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

sounds like the fuel pump to me....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

had the same prob with my saab... it was one of the ignition coils...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Hi Billybob,
    I had exactly the same thing with my 2003 Vectra C; light only came on when under hard acceleration load. I also was worried it could cost a lot to fix. I took it to a Main Stealer for a tech ii reading but it didn’t indicate the problem (what a surprise). Anyway purely by chance another mechanic was passing by my car and the guy working on my car asked him if he had any ideas “could be anything” he replied “like these” and flicked some little rubber pipes at the front of the car - one had a tiny crack in it, he replaced it and the car was fine.
    These pipes are for a vacuum and several different areas link together which is why it couldn’t be diagnosed easily. The clever people on this site might be able to explain this better. It’s worth just checking them. They are narrow white slightly rigid pipes with black rubber sleeves on the end. The black bits were the cracked bits.
    Best of luck
    Ian

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Thanks for the replies i will check the pipes.Had tech ii done today thrown code p1191 fuel rail problem.Been told by vauxhall to try using BP super unleaeded and stay clear from supermarket fuels if not they reckon new fuel pump £1300 (i don't think so somehow).Also told warranty people will only pay £34 +vat an hour labour.Don't think i will get a YTS mechanic for that, GREAT warranty.Will let you know how it runs on new fuel!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vauxhall Astra-J

Trim : Elite

Engine : 2.0 CDTi

Year : 2013

Quote Originally Posted by billybob View Post
    Been told by vauxhall to try using BP super unleaeded and stay clear from supermarket fuels
    My previous 2004 2.2 Elegance was run mainly on Sainsbury's petrol for the 3˝ years I owned it. Never missed a beat.

Likewise I am running my 2006 2.2 Elite on the same stuff most of the time with no problems whatosever.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Ncompass View Post
    Hi Billybob,
    I had exactly the same thing with my 2003 Vectra C; light only came on when under hard acceleration load. I also was worried it could cost a lot to fix. I took it to a Main Stealer for a tech ii reading but it didn’t indicate the problem (what a surprise). Anyway purely by chance another mechanic was passing by my car and the guy working on my car asked him if he had any ideas “could be anything” he replied “like these” and flicked some little rubber pipes at the front of the car - one had a tiny crack in it, he replaced it and the car was fine.
    These pipes are for a vacuum and several different areas link together which is why it couldn’t be diagnosed easily. The clever people on this site might be able to explain this better. It’s worth just checking them. They are narrow white slightly rigid pipes with black rubber sleeves on the end. The black bits were the cracked bits.
    Best of luck
    Ian

just looked @ mine same problem black rubber sleeve split put tape round it to try if it cures it b4 getting new ones

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information