User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: SRI Estate, now muddy but i'm happy!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default SRI Estate, now muddy but i'm happy!

Just an update to all interested on my second day with the SRI. I have now travelled approx 250 miles and I have been very impressed indeed with this car. I zero'd the fuel consumption and drove at an admittedly sedate pace on mixed roads, (M4, A roads and country roads/lanes) for about 60 miles staying sort of close/within the speed limits and to my amazement the figure was 47 mpg. On my way back to Bristol I had to drive through Swindon and Chippenham and then stopped for a cuppa at my mates on the outskirts of Bristol, took him for a spin, (he was reluctant to drive as he aint too well bless him), squirted down a bypass and back (100+) and then returned back home, getting stuck in a little early friday traffic on the way. End result 41.8mpg....so the consumption is a revelation and the very relaxed and smooth nature of the engine is wonderful, seems it's happy to pull 6th from a little over 1k revs as long as you aren't expecting too much..very flexible. On the motorway it seems it will just steam on for ever and the ride quality is first class. I did have a funny five minutes while around the back roads of Cirencester and although the car seems to have lots of grip it ain't really suited to blasting around/in out of bends although it has plenty of torque to 'drive' you out with a smile. I've heard it mentioned that the engine is a bit of a lump and you can feel it a bit in this respect.....still impressive though for such a large car. I am very happy with it and would say should I think otherwise, I really can't fault it. So, second day under it's belt, i'm smiling but I have one muddy, horse s**t covered car...........

Ex Vec-C Admin / Founder Duncan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Sounds like a happy chappy!

D

Thread Information