Thread: Dilema.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Dilema.....

Hello all, I have a bit of a dilema which I thought I would run past you guys (I will try to be as brief as poss!)

I just bought my 07 vec SRI a few weeks ago. When I viewed the car I was a little put off by some scratches on it, very small fine ones but scrathches none the less. When I said to the salesman about it he said that they would polish them out and the car would look like new again. The worst part was the top of the rear bumper, obviously just from loading stuff into the boot, he said they would respray that section and we would never know it had been done!

On collection day we walked round the car and sure enough all scratches had been removed BUT the rear bumper had been polished not sprayed and could still see the marks. Straight away I complained and they booked it in to have it done, great I thought..... However when I went to collect the car after the work was meant to have been done I found that yet again they had polished the bumper NOT sprayed it. Again I complained and was told that most people would be happy with that! I explained that clearly I am not most people then... He then said that he would get the man to come to my house and spray the section on my driveway. This was 2 weeks ago and the bloke has since cancelled once due to the weather. Now I have had chance to polish the car myself the scratches really are very minor and I am now wondering whether there is more risk of it looking even worse by just having a little bit sprayed but it is also the principal, they said they would sort it.

Would you risk having it sprayed or just let it lie? The other option I guess would be to suggest they give me a small amount of money back, maybe a £100 and I would walk away. What do you think?

Any thoughs would be welcomed, I know I am probably being overly fussy!!

Cheers

Ad

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

they're unlikely to give you the cash you suggested, as it's probably alot cheaper for them to get the guy out to do the work.

if he is going to be touching up outside then you always risk getting dust or flies getting stuck in the paint and it looking worse than it does now.

if you've managed to polish it out to a satisfactory level, then i'd probably just ask for a sunglass holder and map reading light, or a set of mats. you're much more likely to get parts than cash.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Can give you a better opinion with some pic's mate........

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra C Estate

Trim : Elite

Engine : 1.9 CDTi

Agree with Harry.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

alot of fine scratches can easily be removed without the need for spraying,if they are only minor then i would consider a full detail which costs in the region of £300 and will remove 99% of all the scratches/swirls etc as its no doubt been through a car wash or two in its short life.
    extra exspense i know but the results will be well worth it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vauxhall

Trim : Astra gtc vxr

Engine : 2.0 turbo

Year : 2014

mmm bad service from a dealer? never heard of that from a vauxhall dealer lol,tbh id deffo not get the car sprayed outside for obvious reasons mate ,if you are still not happy then demand that they spray the panel in a bodyshop to your satisfaction

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Depends on the scratches but a good detailer should be able to machine polish them out depending on the paint thickness and depth of scratches.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I have some scratches on the corners of my bumpers and I asked the vx dealer not to spray it. There is a guy that works 3 units up that does this work day in day out and his work is very good and I know him so I will get him to do it when cash allows.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

When I picked up my new Vec. there were two scratches on the bumper where they had managed to hit something on the 50 metre drive from the delivery compound. (Owned by neighbour so I knew the marks were new having seen it an hour after it came of the transporter)

The following day they were touched up at the dealers but I could have done a better job myself.

I lived with it for a year but after it's first service they pointed them out to me. Told them they'd done it so they took the bumper off and sprayed it properly. Had a hire car for 3 days whilst it was done.

The downside is the although the bumper is now perfect the colour match is a bit out. It was out before anyway but now it's a bit more.

If it was me I'd leave it alone and just get some money back from the dealers. Sods law is it will be hit by a shopping trolley the day you get it back. A good bodyshop will probably do a better job.
    Last edited by Stevel; 26th March 2008 at 15:09.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Cheers for all the replys, I think I will give them a call and cancel the work. I absolutely love the car as it is so not worth the risk of them messing it up! Apologies for not posting pictures of the marks but the car is a bit dirty at the moment (Even though I polished it on Friday ).
    Thanks again
    Ad

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information