Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default How Much Do You Think You Know?

Lets get racial

There's a lot of migration right now, some ppl fear it, I don't, the whole country is a mess, sure I used to think oh yeah they get this they get that, but as a repeat of the 50's these ppl are being brought in to do the jobs most Brits won't touch, I was once a full out opposition to this, but in hindsight these ppl are mainly better ppl than the average Brit, less lazy and willing to do an honest days work, I 1st noticed this when I used to scoff Kebabs, these ppl start at 10am and finish at 4am the next day 24/7, I've made friends with quite a few of them and cannot go in one Kebab house without doing wild handslaps, this ain't false they genuinely look out for me and I know they enjoy the banter and handslaps, look deep into yourself, quite a while ago I discovered it's not the man I can't be friends with it's the message that governments send, as you know the Kebab houses are mainly Turkish with the odd Iraqi Kurd, during WW1 Turks killed many an Englishman and Australian,mainly due to cr$p generals sending the lads into a gattling gun, but to me it shows dedication, we should not look back, we should look forward, accepting like minded ppl who come to prosper, 75% of the gripers are ppl who can't be bothered, these ppl put in a very long day, and we after getting drunk go to them and some of us aren't polite.

Opinions please.

On a Sabbatical
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

cant be arsed to type a long reply but yes you are right in most aspects of what you have just said

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Thx Jon, I really appreciate the reply, it's gone on too long the media oppression, I deal with many a foreign person and 99% of them are nicer to deal with than Mr Blighty.

On a Sabbatical
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

i find most are very friendly and happy people however as normal the minority spoil it for the majority.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Bit of a long winded and drunken way to say you're not racist

Me neither. See, I said in in 2 words!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by parapaul View Post
    Bit of a long winded and drunken way to say you're not racist

Me neither. See, I said in in 2 words!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Audii A3 Sportback

Trim : S Line Black Edition

Engine : 2.0 Diesel

Year : 2011

I am somewhat biased towards Jonathan Foreigner because I am married to one and found the whole immigration system to be a complete joke. If you are an honest tax payer trying to bring a wife and offspring into the UK, the whole system is set against you. Anyway, I digress.

I watched a program called 'The Poles are Coming' which was about the amount of Polish workers coming over and working in the UK - one particular bit showed them working on a farm for £7.00GBP per hour picking vegetables. It was hard work but they all got on and did it - the farmer said that he had a few UK workers but they were too lazy. The camera crew then visited the local job centre to speak to the UK white trash hanging around and asked their opinions on Polish Workers. The general consensus is that they all come over to the UK and work for £2.00GBP per hour on the farms. When they were informed that they could earn £7.00GBP per hour working on the farm, they all turned it down citing that the work would be too difficult and they wanted a nice easy job!!!!

I also watched a program on Sky the other night about 'BNP Wives' and was sickened to the core by seeing such a load of bitter, bigoted, ignorant and racist people and listeing to the utter nonsense they talked.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I am a Jamaican. Been here 5 years working very hard and paying taxes. However I find it very distressing how every year the government comes in with something new to make it harder for migrants. I can understand if these new legislations are for people just coming but why does it have to affect me if I have already been here 5 years. Sometimes I get discouraged and want to go back to JA. When anyone come to Jamaica we make them feel welcome and help them to enjoy themselves. Even my son that was born here is not considered British. He has no nationality at the moment. It just suck sometimes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia Grand Sport

Trim : SRI VX-LINE NAV

Engine : 1.5T (165)

Year : 2018

Mileage : 37000

Whilst I agree with what VV says, increased immigration has exacerbated the situation where work opportunities and job security for so many of the indigenous population here are worse than ever.

We brought it upon ourselves in effect by having governments which embraced 'globalisation' and latterly 'europeanisation' without any thought for the consequences for working people, just concentrating on political and economic expediency.

Opening our doors to Eastern Europe was a means of having a cheaper labour force and dragging down wages. Simple as.

I do not expect those on here who are in secure employment (security of employment is every bit as important as what you are paid) to agree with me, but if you have been made redundant and suffered fixed-term working like I have over the last 16 years, you would understand what I mean.

The government goes on and on about retraining which I have done, but then drastically cuts the funding on which employment in what I am trained to do depends.

It is clearly wrong to blame others who come here and contribute to the economy for the way in which the goverment effectively sidelines people and destroys jobs by diverting funds. And sits there doing nothing while jobs here are exported overseas.

It is worth bearing in mind that those who implement these policies will never be in danger of being personally affected by them.

And then there is ageism........

The government insists that there are more people in work now than ever, no doubt statistically true, but most of the increase has been in the employment of women, with a corresponding increase in male unemployment, not least in the over 40's/ over 50's.

Sorry for deviating from topic. Rant over.
    Last edited by john_k_sri; 26th March 2008 at 13:56. Reason: amendment

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Audii A3 Sportback

Trim : S Line Black Edition

Engine : 2.0 Diesel

Year : 2011

Quote Originally Posted by skinnyseand View Post
    I am a Jamaican. Been here 5 years working very hard and paying taxes. However I find it very distressing how every year the government comes in with something new to make it harder for migrants. I can understand if these new legislations are for people just coming but why does it have to affect me if I have already been here 5 years. Sometimes I get discouraged and want to go back to JA. When anyone come to Jamaica we make them feel welcome and help them to enjoy themselves. Even my son that was born here is not considered British. He has no nationality at the moment. It just suck sometimes.
    You have my sympathies!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information