Norfolk 'n Good Drives : Signum 3.0 CDTi BHP : 229.8 Torque 344.9lb
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by pte
    just to let everyone know, all the travel lodges etc in a 15m radius of billing are all fully booked.

I have managed to get in at Overstone Park Resort Hotel which is about 3-4 miles from billing. They still have some spare rooms (£55 for a double).
    Try the Ibis at Wellingborough - 5 miles away and £34.95 per room - unless its Grand Prix weekend again!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Travel lodges !!!

Half the fun of Billing is the camping and the beer & bbq's that go with it !!!

An area at the side of the show is ideal, even if we have to "sneak into it".
    I'm sure a fair few of us are already members of other clubs, I for example could sneak in with vxscc or club irmscher.

On a Sabbatical
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

The VVOC stand was tucked out of the way last year, so if we have an unofficial stand we'll just be on the outskirts like they were.

If all else fails I'll show on the VXLscc stand and we can all meet up for a photo shoot like last year.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

im sure we can sort an unoffical stand out easily enough. Theres lots of areas around the showground where public are allowed to camp, and i know a few hot spots that are perfect for 'unoffical' displays but still within public areas. There is actaully loads of spaces in the reserved areas that end up being totally empty which is a bit frustrating.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Andy
    im sure we can sort an unoffical stand out easily enough. Theres lots of areas around the showground where public are allowed to camp, and i know a few hot spots that are perfect for 'unoffical' displays but still within public areas. There is actaully loads of spaces in the reserved areas that end up being totally empty which is a bit frustrating.
    You will find this very hard to do as we have been going for years now and the VBOA are very very funny about new clubs I say clubs because they will not let car forums have there own area.We allways go down on the wednesday nite as we make this 1 of our Hoildays.and by thursday nite every where is marked out . The only feilds not used are Swan fields but thats full with everyday campers too. so trying to get your own bit will be very hard work.To get in with VBOA you all so need to a stand up full on talk about what you can offer as a paying club.

We have left VXlscc but have been members of Club irmscher for years anyway as our Freinds run it.We as the VXPirates are the Forum for Club Irmscher but only members of club Irmscher can show at Billing.

Hope that is of some help for you all. Ps Billing VBOA is the best show of the year we have never missed a show since the early 90's and The kids just luv the place.All the best Luv H xxx

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information