User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: oxidising red

  1. #1
    Regular Member sph73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Market Drayton
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default oxidising red

    In the bright sun on my bonnet and roof I have noticed the paint is very dull and oxidising in places what is the best way to get it back to normal ?
    I also have a lot of swirls on the doors
    I have looked at the pc and the udm but would it be possible to do it by hand if so with what products ?
    I have also looked at the other posts but still unsure how to go about it.

    Unless there is someone who lives nearby with a pc who would like to give me a hand quite willing to pay

    My car is red by the way surprise surprise

    Please help me I dont want a pink car

  2. #2
    Ex Vec-C Admin Stevel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Chester
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    2003 car in red will have no CC. The only way to bring it back is machine polishing. After that you need a good quality wax to feed and protect the paint. I use Nattys Red for this on the missus Red Astra although hers has the CC.

    Jasons car from last year.


    http://forum.vectra-c.com/showthread.php?t=31331

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    North west
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    I would pay for a valet / detailer to do it first time, too easy to mess up big time machine polishing yourself. You need to buy scrap panels and try it out to know what you can & cant do and what works best. A days valet will work wonders - seen threads with old red cars that end up looking like new.

  4. #4
    Regular Member sph73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Market Drayton
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rob 2.2dti View Post
    I would pay for a valet / detailer to do it first time, too easy to mess up big time machine polishing yourself. You need to buy scrap panels and try it out to know what you can & cant do and what works best. A days valet will work wonders - seen threads with old red cars that end up looking like new.
    I think this might be my best bet this way it would be right . Then I could keep on top of it as Stevel says with some good wax

  5. #5
    Regular Member sph73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Market Drayton
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Just an after thought - the vauxhall paintwork guarantee wouldn't cover this would it ?

  6. #6
    Ex Vec-C Admin Stevel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Chester
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sph73 View Post
    Just an after thought - the vauxhall paintwork guarantee wouldn't cover this would it ?

    I wouldn't have thought so but could be wrong. Not read the terms and conditions of the paint warranty but I'm sure there will be something about maintaining it there somewhere. Might be worth a try though.

    Unfortuniatly Red paint needs more protecting than almost every other colour

  7. #7
    Regular Member sph73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Market Drayton
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stevel View Post
    I wouldn't have thought so but could be wrong. Not read the terms and conditions of the paint warranty but I'm sure there will be something about maintaining it there somewhere. Might be worth a try though.

    Unfortuniatly Red paint needs more protecting than almost every other colour
    It sure does since I have had the car I have really kept on top it the previous owner couldn't have been quite as keen as me .

  8. #8
    Regular Member steve1975l's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Surrey
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Reds cars are a pain...I had one always garaged and parked in the shade as much as possible and still went pink.

    The megs G220 is very easy to use so for the cost of a detail you could buy a DA polisher. You could buy a scrap panel to try it on. Tape the gaps and rubber up as you don't want to polish them or get compound in the gaps. The hardest part is knowing how much to put on and when it has been worked in.

    There are plenty of videos on youtube and some advice here http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acata...es_polish.html

  9. #9
    Regular Member sph73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Market Drayton
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by steve1975l View Post
    Reds cars are a pain...I had one always garaged and parked in the shade as much as possible and still went pink.

    The megs G220 is very easy to use so for the cost of a detail you could buy a DA polisher. You could buy a scrap panel to try it on. Tape the gaps and rubber up as you don't want to polish them or get compound in the gaps. The hardest part is knowing how much to put on and when it has been worked in.

    There are plenty of videos on youtube and some advice here http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acata...es_polish.html
    Cheers I will have a look at them I just need to get on top of it now cos it isnt too bad as yet I can only notice it in very bright sun once I got it ok I can keep it waxed and garaged.

  10. #10
    Regular Member sph73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Market Drayton
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    just found this its amazing what you can do if you know what your doing
    mine is know where near this stage

    http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/foru...ad.php?t=60574

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •