User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

View Poll Results: Approved trader schemes?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • I like it the way it is. Controlled and Safe

10 43.48%
  • I'd like to see it opened up and relaxed

8 34.78%
  • I cant decide, positives to both ways

5 21.74%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Approved Trader scheme?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Approved Trader scheme?

Im starting a poll thread for my own curiosity. This isnt an admin thing so the results will not necesarily be adopted by the forum, its purely to satisfy my own curiosity.

When we first launched the site we agreed on the idea that rather than go after 30 different traders who would give us varying discounts and varying levels of service, we took the approach that we should concentrate on offering members a concentrated number of high quality traders that we could be sure would offer our members a top level of service. Being a smaller number it also means that we can build up a better working relationship with them as has been seen by the prizes donated so far by Paul at Red Griffin and Mike at Diagnostix which i know was appriecated by members.

In return for discounts, the traders get exclusivity on our forum where there are a max of 2 traders per 'trade'. We felt 2 was a good number to retain exclusivity, yet allow members some scope for market differences etc

Now that we are over 6 months old, we are attracting more and more traders who want to be part of our scheme. Some are not really suitable, some meet our requirements but are prevented from joining due to our 2 traders per trade rule.

Bearing in mind that the trader scheme would lose all control over members personal recommedations and be an open market place where along with good traders there may be the odd shark swimming too, would members prefer to see approved traders relaxed and more traders taken on board? This would mean that some discounts may get reduced due to losing exclusivity and would also lessen the closeness of our working relationships. We, as admin would also not get involved should a deal go sour, it will be 100% members responsiibilty.
    The positives are an increased number of trader options.

Have you expeirenced other trader schemes on other forums, good or bad.?

As stated, this is for my OWN curiosity as a member, not an offical admin pole, but as always please keep on topic, show respect to other posters, and refrain from advertising etc

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In my opinion the more traders the more choice. If a trader has to compete against his "competition" you can be sure that the price will be the best he can offer and the aftersales / service would also be to the highest standard to avoid bad feedback.

If there were to be more traders, then perhaps a rule stating they are not allowed to approach members live on the forum, but only by way of an introductory PM - if the potential customer replies then conversations may start if they dont then no further direct contact.
    Last edited by R-man; 9th January 2006 at 17:44.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i personally don't have a vec, so would probably not use many (if any) of the traders, but if more traders were taken on board, then i would say a 'Tradercheck' system would have to be implemented, where members (buyers) could leave feedback/comments on their transactions.
    that way other members would be able to read up on that trader before buying.
    just my 2 cents.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just a thought - how about having two levels of trader, those approved (as of now) and then a seperate section for the rest (unapproved)? (I trust one other benefit of allowing more traders would be an increased income for the site?)

Then as people gain/have experience with 'unapproved' traders, if there was positive feedback about these, the trader could get promoted to the 'approved'.

Hmmm........hope you get what I mean - sorry this sounds a bit complicated - sorry writing in a bit of a rush

Rich

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, what you have seems to work pretty well to me.
    I don't think it should be opened up, don't want to see this place turn into ebay, lol.
    Purely from an admin point of view, (if I where one, which I'm ot) I'm not entirely sure I would want to run any sort of system at all, but as long as you guys are happy to do so, then great.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lborob17
    (I trust one other benefit of allowing more traders would be an increased income for the site?)

Rich
    Just to clarify rich, we currently dont charge traders to advertsie on our site. The site is funded by our own pockets and donations by gernerous members. Im not sure we would want to get into selling advertising space anyway as we dont want flashing banners and neon lights all over the place .

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

personally i think this approved traders is causing a lot of ****
    i think we should have a recommended section instead
    for people who had good service
    maybe with there web site address so people can check it out for themselves
    but keep the topic off the forum to stop all of the arguments
    basically people can put up web sites they recommend so people can decide for themselves.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For my two penneth, I'd like to see the 'rules' relaxed..A simple disclaimer by the site to say that the user's are on their own judgements would suffice IMO..
    When the site was small, two traders was probarbly the good way to go, but as this site grows so should the traders area.. We're all adults on here after all..If there was a referal scheme then people could state if the've had a good or bad deal.. open for all to see.

I agree with Paul though.. Keep adverts and referals off the forum posting boards.. The last few sessions over traders have missed what I thought the site was all about..Being a FREINDLY and OPEN club..No-one wants to join one that's having a kick off..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think there would be an advantage to offering the chance for all traders to display their wares, and become "Approved Traders" subject to good feedback from members who have bought from them and are happy with the product and service. Having 2 traders for each market sector is good because it doesn't flood the market, but there's always the possibility that others who have equally good products or a different approach won't get the opportunity to get some business from their ideal target audience.

"Approved Traders" are great because they're a safe, tried and tested way of making sure your money and your car is safe. Maybe by widening the spectrum a little, you'll be able to build a bigger and better portfolio.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with the comments of IBOROB17, open the doors to new traders as unapproved, create a feedback system that members can submit comments something on the lines of flea-bay, once an unapproved trader reaches a given score or rating they could then become approved.

I believe in good competition between traders, it usually benifits buyers.

Unapproved traders should still be vetted for suitability by Admin before being allowed access to the site.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information