Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Windscreen wiper motor

Whereabouts is this? Only ask because I had this replaced on Friday under warranty and this morning noticed a crack in the bottom right hand corner of the windscreen when viewed from the drivers seat. I was wondering if the garage could have done it, though I can't be 100% sure that it wasn't already there.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Yep they could have done it whilst removing the trim at the bottom of the screen to expose the wiper motor. Improper use of a screwdriver would do it
    Now I need a turbo to keep up!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Cheers will go back there tomorrow then.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia

Trim : VX-Line

Engine : BiTurbo

Year : 2014

Quote Originally Posted by MalcGSI View Post
    Whereabouts is this? Only ask because I had this replaced on Friday under warranty and this morning noticed a crack in the bottom right hand corner of the windscreen when viewed from the drivers seat. I was wondering if the garage could have done it, though I can't be 100% sure that it wasn't already there.
    Exact same thing happened to mine a few years ago. It went in for a new motor and linkage and came out requiring a new windscreen. The techy had used a screwdriver to prise the scuttle trim off that covers the wiper mech resulting in a 6 inch crack up the screen.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by leeds vectra View Post
    Exact same thing happened to mine a few years ago. It went in for a new motor and linkage and came out requiring a new windscreen. The techy had used a screwdriver to prise the scuttle trim off that covers the wiper mech resulting in a 6 inch crack up the screen.
    Did they replace it OK or argue about it?

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Big Sig View Post
    Yep they could have done it whilst removing the trim at the bottom of the screen to expose the wiper motor. Improper use of a screwdriver would do it
    Quote Originally Posted by leeds vectra View Post
    Can't believe they thought they needed to use a screwdriver!!! You can do it by just getting fingernails under it, or a plastic wedge if they really needed to. Idiots for using a screwdriver!!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia

Trim : VX-Line

Engine : BiTurbo

Year : 2014

Quote Originally Posted by MalcGSI View Post
    Did they replace it OK or argue about it?
    Well, it's a bit of a tale this one! As stated I booked the car in under warranty for the wiper motor replacing, I left it with them and returned in the afternoon to collect the car. As soon as I was approaching the front of the car I could see the wipers hadn't been aligned correctly on the screen. They were parked around 3 inches from the bottom.

On closer inspection I found a six inch crack up the screen directly above drivers wiper. I went in to the dealers and demanded to see the service manager. He came out and agreed it was shoddy and apologised for the workmanship. He offered to get auto glass out and replace the screen along with rectifying the wiper arms.

I declined auto glass and informed him that the car had a genuine GM windscreen and I wanted the replacement to be the same. He agreed and said it would have to be a couple of days. No problem I'll bring it then and suffer it a couple of days to get a genuine screen.

I returned the car a couple of days later for them to replace the screen with a GM one. Couple of hours later I returned and found the car outside finished. Wipers were in the right place so that was OK but then to my horror they had tried to fool me by fitting an auto glass screen. I knew from experience that all genuine Vauxhall glass carries the GM stamp in the corner this one didn't.

So in to the Dealers I go, service manager greets me, 'all done Paul sorry for the inconvenience'. Yeh great stuff I replied, did you fit a genuine GM screen I asked, yeh we had to wait two days for it. That's strange I replied where is the GM stamp on the glass then? Silence for around five seconds and came clean we got auto glass out, we couldn't get a genuine screen.

So as you can imagine a heated exchange began, which resulted in me getting a CCRT2006 head unit out of them free of charge, which at the time retailed at around £450.

I was lucky I spotted the crack before I drove off, you may struggle as you have taken the car away and they could try and blame you.

Paul.

Thread Information