Thread: where do I stand legally

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default where do I stand legally

i bought a vectra c sri 2.2 dti 03 plate 3 weeks ago from a evans halshaw garage but it had problems since i got it

1st. 2nd day the car spanner and car light came on took it to to garage they said i needed a new therostat and seal done

2nd. got 5 mile down road light came back on took it to garage they said that they found carbon in dump valve and cleaned it out should be fine

3rd. done 70 mile light came on again took it back they have said it was a turbo sensor pad they replaced that now

4th. 40 mile light back on took it back but this time they aint got a clue what it is done road test but they cant get any info on tech 2

so my question is where do i stand legally because after all these problems do i really want the car back i cant be taken it to garage every week or pulling over to side of road and switching engine off and back on just to continue my journey

could i just take back and say you can have it back and ask for a refund or am i stuck with this car

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

as it's not 'fit for sale' you have the right to return it.. basic consumer rights thing mate..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

have you contacted the c a b for advise. i think you have a month from purchase to cancelle the agreement

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Definately refuse to keep car due to problems mate,feel you've bought a lemon there,go to the dealer and fight your case,good luck.......

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : VXR Estate

Trim : VXR

Engine : 2800

Year : 2008

Mileage : 3000

Quote Originally Posted by astratovectra View Post
    i bought a vectra c sri 2.2 dti 03 plate 3 weeks ago from a evans halshaw garage but it had problems since i got it

1st. 2nd day the car spanner and car light came on took it to to garage they said i needed a new therostat and seal done

2nd. got 5 mile down road light came back on took it to garage they said that they found carbon in dump valve and cleaned it out should be fine

3rd. done 70 mile light came on again took it back they have said it was a turbo sensor pad they replaced that now

4th. 40 mile light back on took it back but this time they aint got a clue what it is done road test but they cant get any info on tech 2

so my question is where do i stand legally because after all these problems do i really want the car back i cant be taken it to garage every week or pulling over to side of road and switching engine off and back on just to continue my journey

could i just take back and say you can have it back and ask for a refund or am i stuck with this car

where did u buy the car from????????

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Was it a Network Q purchase?

Either way contact you local Citizens Advice Bureau and speak to your local Trading Standards office, both will be able to let you know exactly where you stnad and what rights you have.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

With the problem occurring on day 2, I don't think that you could be considered to have legally 'accepted' the car. So you should be able to return it for a full refund.

In any case, any honest dealer would agree that it's not reasonable for a used car to have such problems just after delivery. They should want to keep a satisfied customer and should be keen to negotiate a solution.

So, before you go contacting the CAB or Trading Standards, have a chat to the dealer, express your concerns and negotiate a suitable solution. This might be:
    1. If the car is properly repaired you may decide to keep it, with the appropriate assurances. If you give them another opportunity at repair, ensure you agree timescales and actions should it fail again.
    2. The dealer could source and swap you to a mutually acceptable alternative vehicle, in order to maintain the sale.
    3. You could agree on a full refund.

Do inform the dealer that you reserve the right to involve CAB, Trading Standards etc, if a reasonable solution can't be agreed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by MattB View Post
    With the problem occurring on day 2, I don't think that you could be considered to have legally 'accepted' the car. So you should be able to return it for a full refund.

In any case, any honest dealer would agree that it's not reasonable for a used car to have such problems just after delivery. They should want to keep a satisfied customer and should be keen to negotiate a solution.

So, before you go contacting the CAB or Trading Standards, have a chat to the dealer, express your concerns and negotiate a suitable solution. This might be:
    1. If the car is properly repaired you may decide to keep it, with the appropriate assurances. If you give them another opportunity at repair, ensure you agree timescales and actions should it fail again.
    2. The dealer could source and swap you to a mutually acceptable alternative vehicle, in order to maintain the sale.
    3. You could agree on a full refund.
    Do inform the dealer that you reserve the right to involve CAB, Trading Standards etc, if a reasonable solution can't be agreed.
    Thats cracking advice Matt, pretty much spot on I would say.

Thread Information