I am literally going mad.
Insurance issue ahead.
Hit by an uninsured driver last July, I managed to get the reg plate and police got on the case, however they could not trace the driver but found the owner of the car with the car back on her drive, she said she wasn’t driving!!!
I paid £475 Excess and the car was repaired. Then come October time renewal is a lot more and I have lost my 2yrs NCB.
Bit the bullet and was told id get the NCB back but id have to pay a if I had 0ncb which I did.

So ill miss out all the jargon but basically ive been ringing up every month since july 07 and had various tales of what is being done about the issue of the uninsured driver.

Today I ring up and tbh I have had enough, i kept very calm throughout and asked whether the process was any further along, after a good 30minutes on the phone I was told that Debt collectors are on the case however I will not get my NCB back nor my excess if they cannot find the driver/owner (somehow disappeared now).

If they do establish the driver/owner and the debt collectors set up an agreement I myself will not get any NCB nor Excess back until my insurance company have had their payment in full. To which I said so if she pays back £1 per week its going to be about 20years till I get my money back and NCB!!

I said what do I pay my premium for, oh that’s if you hit someone, So if someone hits me what happens, you have to pay our excess and you NCB is gone until its resolved – Disgusting!!

I am fuming what can I do?
My insurance has gone from £500 to £1300
Ive paid £475 Excess
Lost 3yrs NCB (couldn’t have protected as I needed 4)

Really need some advice as I am so angry could literally go an kneecap someone im fuming