Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Talking Global Warming

Hi all just wondering if anyone else had the same opinion as me!! I have been thinking about this since the Lovely TAX increase due on all our majorlarly polluting cars. Global Warming is close to everyones hearts however for 2 different reasons, the first i believe is that oh my god we are wrecking our planet with our greenhouse gasses and pollution of all sorts. The second is oh my god they are going to ****** tax us more now.

About 2 years ago i read a book called "State of Fear" it was a fictional book written by Michael Crichton (of Jurassic Park) and this book was about a series of terrosist Man Made Natural disasters to try and get the public to realise thier cause. Anyway i read the book and got to the end thought it was a very good book, a good work of fiction. However i read some of the excerpts in the back and it actually stated that the views of Michael Crichton were that Global Warming in the form that we see it (Cars and Pollution) didnt exist or at least not as bad as we are lead to believe. I thought this was quite interesting so i did a bit of research, and there are quite alot of people that dont believe in this, and it even points back to when Margerat Thatcher was in power (Before my time) and basically it looks like Margeret Thatcher was in a pickle, fossil fuel miners were striking and she needed a kick start to the nuclear age. So the veiws of the Government changed. Dont get me wrong i still recycle my bottles and cans and I am no conspiracy theorist or anything but if you do your own research see what you think, it gets you thinking, you just look at how much extra we now get green taxed for this and for that all in the best interests of us "The TAX paying Public".

HHHHMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM is it just me???

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Nope, you're not alone.
    Global warming is an unproven issue. Weather patterns tend to change over hundreds of years, not the tens of years that the pundits shout about. Most of the research is recycled tosh, built up by governments who can use it as a way to get more money out of us.

And, even if it is happening, nothing we in the UK do can make a lot of difference. We need to reign back the rapidly expanding Chinese and Indian economies, who don't limit or control what they pump out.

Phil

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

It's a con:_

http://www.globalwarming.nottinghams...RMINGMYTH.html

And this:-

According to Piers Corbyn, Director of Weather Action, many scientists do not accept the idea that pollution is causing global warming. Environmentalists claim that world temperatures have risen one degree Fahrenheit in the past century, but Corbyn points out that the period they take as their starting point — around 1880 — was colder than average. What's more, the timing of temperature changes does not appear to support the theory of global warming. Most of the rise came before 1940 —before human-caused emissions of 'greenhouse' gases became significant.
    According to the Greens, during the post-war boom global warming should have pushed temperatures up. But the opposite happened. "As a matter of the fact, the decrease in temperature, which was very noticeable in the 60s and 70s, led many people to fear that we would be going into another ice age," remembers Fred Singer, former Chief Scientist with the US Weather Program.
    Even in recent times, the temperature has not behaved as it should according to global warming theory. Over the last eight years, temperature in the southern hemisphere has actually been falling. Moreover, says Piers Corbyn, "When proper satellite measurements are done of world temperatures, they do not show any increase whatsoever over the last 20 years."
    But Greens refuse to accept they have could have been proved wrong. Now they say global warming can involve temperature going both up and down.
    "Global warming is above all global climatic destabilisation," says Edward Goldsmith, editor of the Ecologist, "with extremes of cold and heat when you don't expect it. You can't predict climate any more. You get terrible droughts in certain cases; sometimes you get downpours. In Egypt, I think, they had a rainfall for the first time in history — they suddenly had an incredible downpour. Water pouring down in places where it's never rained before. And then you get droughts in another area. So it's going to be extremely unpredictable."
    Scientists also point out that nature produces far more greenhouse gases than we do. For example, when the Mount Pinatubo volcano erupted, within just a few hours it had thrown into the atmosphere 30 million tonnes of sulphur dioxide— almost twice as much as all the factories, power plants and cars in the United States do in a whole year. Oceans emit 90 billion tonnes of carbon dioxide, the main greenhouse gas, every year. Decaying plants throw up another 90 billion tonnes, compared to just six billion tonnes a year from humans.
    What's more, 100 million years ago, there was six times as much carbon dioxide in the atmosphere as there is now, yet the temperature then was marginally cooler than it is today. Many scientists have concluded that carbon dioxide doesn't even affect climate.
    Although many environmentalists have been forced to accept much of the scientific evidence against global warming, they still argue that it is better to be safe than sorry. So they continue to use global warming as a reason to oppose industrialisation and economic growth.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Combination of Preston and Oxfordshire...
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

On a slightly related note - assume all the icebergs in the world melt. What happens to the sea level...?

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I've just had a major event in my life. I've received my first ever infraction on a forum.

I've been having a 'debate' with some tree huggers who agree that anybody who speaks out against Global warming should be jailed. I compared them to Nazis and got my warning and a threat of removal. (Nothing like stifling the competition)

Please feel free to contribute

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showt...=1#post6619067

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I've been banned all together now.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by MLC View Post
    I've just had a major event in my life. I've received my first ever infraction on a forum.

I've been having a 'debate' with some tree huggers who agree that anybody who speaks out against Global warming should be jailed. I compared them to Nazis and got my warning and a threat of removal. (Nothing like stifling the competition)

Please feel free to contribute

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showt...=1#post6619067

oh dear didnt realise freedom of speech was banned in the uk. as for the whole sea level thing scientists are saying that although sea levels will rise the overall world land mass will be about the same.reason for this is as the ice caps melt the weight on the poles will be less and the land will rise again.This as we all now know happened to this country in the last ice age when most of the north of the uk was under water due to the weight of ice.so i dont belive in globel warming i just think its the earths cycle. if it global warming and we are going to cause another ice age who caused the last one???? was those mammoths farting?

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Ooohh, you've just been banned, tut tut.

I agree with all you've said though, it's all a big con!!

*edit* too slow.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I'm sat here devastated...not !!!

It proves my point though. They refuse to allow anyone to contradict their views. Where does it end. I suspect they would be organise the snatch squads if they could.

I even said in one of my posts that I would never take away the right for him to speak his views. It seems they don't extend the same courtesy.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information