Thread: A surreal evening

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default A surreal evening

I went to see my Dad in Glenfield Hospital in Leicester last night, where he's getting over a triple bypass op.
    Physically, he's doing great and healing fast, but the assorted drugs they've given him have left him a bit, er, confused. Like a lot of people, I'm ashamed to say that I'm not great with any kind of mental incapacity, so it was a bit weird, to say the least. One minute he was quite lucid, the next he was explaining how the whole staff at the hospital were conspiring to keep him from going home. The Nurses said they'd had to go and recover him from various parts of the hospital, as he'd been wandering off, and once had to call security to track him down! I know that major surgery screws up your head, as my Mum had a major cancer op some years ago and spent some time explaining to me that the nurses used to bring in animals and perform pantomimes during the night in the ICU ward!
    My brother made me feel better by pointing out that people spend lots of money to buy drugs to make them feel like that!
    Then we stopped on the way back to get a burger at Leicester Forest East, and were greeted by the site of a Lamborgini Gaillardo being winched onto an AA truck.
    To cap it all, I went in for a pee before I left, and suddenly noticed that the smartly dressed bloke at the next urinal was Jonathan Ross!
    I had to listen to Radio 4 on the way home to get my head straight again.
    Anyway, Dad should be going home tomorrow, and hopefully he'll be on the road to recovery.
    I must also pay tribute to the hard working, good humoured and expert staff in the cardiac unit at Glenfield. Thanks for looking after my Dad, folks!

Phil

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Sounds like it was a surreal evening phil,hope you're Dad recovers quick and he's out soon......

To see a Lambo and Jonathan Ross in the same day just show's you that life goes on and you never know what tomorrow may bring,all the best mate........

Thread Information