Thread: Electric mirror problem.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Electric mirror problem.....

A few weeks ago my drivers side mirror started to misbehave.
    When you adjust the drivers mirror it also adjusts the passenger mirror at the same time.
    The drivers mirror will also not come 'in'. If you try to move the mirror 'in' it just moves down towards the floor, so you have to open the window and use a bit of 'handraulic' power to push it in.

The mirror motor has been replaced, and today the switch panel on the door has been replaced but it hasn't solved it.

The dealers are now going to get in touch with vx technical to see if it's a software/wiring issue.

Any ideas?
    Anyone else had this problem?

Ex Vec-C Admin / Founder Duncan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by sonic View Post
    A few weeks ago my drivers side mirror started to misbehave.
    When you adjust the drivers mirror it also adjusts the passenger mirror at the same time.
    That's normal on a facelift. With the right hand mirror button on the driver's door pushed in, both mirrors will move at the same time i.e.up and down and in/out. If the left hand mirror button is pushed in then only the passenger mirror will move. The sequence, in terms of adjusting, is that you would push the driver's side mirror button down and adjust the driver's mirror to suit (ignoring what the passenger one is doing), then clcik over to the passenger side button and adjust that to suit. Then once done, click down the driver's side and if anyone else drives the car and has to adjust the mirrors, the theory is that by having the mirrors moving together it adjusts them quicker. I personally prefer the pre-face way - one mirror moving at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic View Post
    The drivers mirror will also not come 'in'. If you try to move the mirror 'in' it just moves down towards the floor, so you have to open the window and use a bit of 'handraulic' power to push it in.
    That's obviously not normal. I can't see how the switch panel would be the issue. I think that was an unnecessary charge. I would have thought maybe the motor, but it would appear not. Last thing I can think of is the PDM or DDM (Passenger/Driver Door Module) but they're a few squid so not something you'd want to replace just to see.
    I wonder if it's just the mechanism in the mirror housing getting a bit jammed/stuck up - could just need cleaning?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I've got a very similar problem whereas the driver side mirror is also moving the passenger side as well. But as i'm the only driver it doesn't really bother me. If anybody does have any ideas they would be appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

mine does this too

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by andy13 View Post
    I've got a very similar problem whereas the driver side mirror is also moving the passenger side as well. But as i'm the only driver it doesn't really bother me. If anybody does have any ideas they would be appreciated.
    Read Duncans post

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Mine is pre-facelift and there was never any problem with it until about 2 months ago when it just started moving both together. A bit bizarre to say the least. I was just gonna ask my local garage to have a quick look when it goes in 4 its mot

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by andy13 View Post
    Mine is pre-facelift and there was never any problem with it until about 2 months ago when it just started moving both together. A bit bizarre to say the least. I was just gonna ask my local garage to have a quick look when it goes in 4 its mot
    Oh right, I didn't realise that. Seems odd that it does what the facelift ones do though.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

The strange thing is it never moved the passenger mirror at the same until a few weeks ago!

Cost wise I'm not too bothered as so far it has all been done under warranty.

D, where or what is the module?

Ex Vec-C Admin / Founder Duncan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Big Sig View Post
    Oh right, I didn't realise that. Seems odd that it does what the facelift ones do though.....
    Mine did it after I replaced the PDM when I fitted the electric folding mirrors, which I accepted as it was obviously how the module came programmed - wasn't sure if it could be changed to the other method or not. But for it to be doing it the pre-face way and then suddenly change is very odd.

Sonic - the PDM and DDM are situated in the doors behind the door card. They control things like the windows and the mirrors. Hadn't realised it was under warranty - in that case go for it! lol Could be a faulty PDM or DDM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan View Post
    Sonic - the PDM and DDM are situated in the doors behind the door card. They control things like the windows and the mirrors. Hadn't realised it was under warranty - in that case go for it! lol Could be a faulty PDM or DDM.
    Cheers mate, I'll give them a ring tomorrow and see what vx Technical have come up with, and if no joy then I will suggest they look at changing the DDM/PDM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information