Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Trying Out The V P D

V Power Diesel

Promised the kids a car each, got one tonight and will get another tomorrow, 35 quid buys 30.2 litres of it, just enough to get the 30 litres for a free model, though be warned they are plastic and not what you could call a collectable,anyway back to the juice, it's 109.9 for derv and 115.9 for V derv, 6p difference, 60x6 = 360 pennies per tank extra, so if I get a 5% increase in MPG figures from it all will be square, gotta run on it for a few days before I can give opinions as the ecu needs to learn new variables etc, plus as V doesn't sell as quick as normal derv it should stay lower until the tanks empty at the station.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

i fill my on V power, normally 1 in 3 tanks... and it is noticeable when i use it... more power and much smoother drive... and i have noticed a slight increase on MPG...

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

On tickover, the car sounds less like a bag of bolts as well.

Had to fill up with normal Derv a couple of weeks back and noticed the tickover fluctuating slightly as well as the very noticeable flat spot below 2k revs.
    Back to V Power and all's well again.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

What's the better of the 2 between Shell V-power diesel and the BP Ultimate diesel? The only reason i ask is with my last car (Civic Type-R) i found the car ran a lot better on the Shell V power than what it did on the BP ultimate. So no doubt it'll be the same with diesel. So what one's the best between Shell V power or BP ultimate?

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I found BP Ultimate did nothing except cost me more.

I'm sure the additives probably did do something, but nothing noticeable in my car, wheras VPD makes a noticeable improvement to my car.

So I'll say, go with Shell V Power Diesel (I'ts cheaper than BP Ultimate as well!).

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

The jury is still out as far as I am concerned. I am not convinced either offer any improvements that are noticable.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Well after running on it tonight I did 75 rather smooth miles, the tickover miniscule fluctuation has gone and the 1500-2500 band seems more responsive, fuel economy I'm not sure of right now, 33% of the miles were at legal speed on the motorway, but I put in 30 litres last night, used it for 75 miles and added another 30 litres today, car has a 60 litre tank and the gauge is reading full, but it does this until 50 miles are out of the tank, plus Sunday isn't a traffic jam day, dash readout is 32 mpg where it's normally 26 mpg or 29 under similar conditions of usage as todays were, will continue to monitor it as if it does 1.5 mpg more it pays for itself and is effectively a free fuel flush on a continuous basis.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by VauxVeteran View Post
    Well after running on it tonight I did 75 rather smooth miles, the tickover miniscule fluctuation has gone and the 1500-2500 band seems more responsive, fuel economy I'm not sure of right now, 33% of the miles were at legal speed on the motorway, but I put in 30 litres last night, used it for 75 miles and added another 30 litres today, car has a 60 litre tank and the gauge is reading full, but it does this until 50 miles are out of the tank, plus Sunday isn't a traffic jam day, dash readout is 32 mpg where it's normally 26 mpg or 29 under similar conditions of usage as todays were, will continue to monitor it as if it does 1.5 mpg more it pays for itself and is effectively a free fuel flush on a continuous basis.
    Good view point, I have done a steady run on a tank of VPD and got I think 558 miles (on a 52L tank)

Just filled up with Sainsbury's today and will do the same again to check the difference, but it will take me a while this time as I am not doing many miles this week.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

My 3.0 V6 definatly likes V-Power. Its noticebly more responsive . If it didnt make any difference ........... I wouldnt put it in

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vv i topped up before the trip to my mums, just gone past half full/empty and the milometer is reading 340, so if i get another 250 out of the last half i shall be happy, as i normally average about 550 on normal Derv. and thats was with a spirited moment when some idiot wanted to see if i would move over if he got close enough. It won him some soot and a red face. So back to topic its all good and does improve as long as you drive as you normally would with normal derv.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information