Thread: Really hacked off now!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Really hacked off now!

Went to a new local tyre supplier/fitter on Saturday and had agreed two Bridgestone Turanzas for the front @ £100 each fully fitted. So far so good.

When I gave him the keys I said please dont scratch my alloys as another a**ehole garage had scratched one at the front already. His reply was that his garage is not an ar**hole garage and they would never do that.

Any how after 30 mins the young lad who had actually fitted the tyres came and said Mr I need to show you some thing - yes you guessed right, scratched the other ferking alloy. Well I went ****** mental at him, demanding to see the owner, but had suddenly left the garage to go some where. He did offer to refurbish, but I settled for the cost of such, just to get the hell out of there.

Why does no one have the savvy now a days to do a job correctly, and how hard is it to pay attention when they are using the tyre lever/remover etc especially when to to watch out.

Sorry guys had to get this rant of my chest. Ferking Garages, can see them far enough.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I agree, one of my fronts got scratched during a tyre replacement and on my previous car exactly the same. If it's not the clamping them into a dirty tyre machine without any protection it's the removing of the tyre itself.

I thinks it sums up alot of things about business today " Just get the business and do it" attitude they seem to have forgotten customer service.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra C Estate

Trim : Elite

Engine : 1.9 CDTi

My front two will be due soon... not looking forward to taking to the local tyre butchers..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vx stealer did for one of mine - looks like a kurb mark, but was in fact caused by a numpty apprentice with said tyre lever....
    Didnt offer to pay or make good the damage.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by lofty View Post
    My front two will be due soon... not looking forward to taking to the local tyre butchers..
    Lofty, I know I told them to watch it etc, but really make it clear to them that the wheels cost x amount each and if they scratch them you will have them replace at their cost. Assuming that your alloys are pristine before you go in.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by andrew the bobby View Post
    Vx stealer did for one of mine - looks like a kurb mark, but was in fact caused by a numpty apprentice with said tyre lever....
    Didnt offer to pay or make good the damage.....
    Andrew why did they not offer? did you insist/ask? I did and at least I got the refurbish cost of them. I won't be going to the bother of refurbishing it due to a scratch on the rest of the wheels in any case, but its better with £60 in my pocket than theirs. I would have insisted on some thing from them. Is it too late to go back and ask?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Wasn't looking forward to taking my alloys in to get the 4 tyres fitted,he was being very carefull as i was watching him like a hawk,but still needed to say"please dont scratch them mate",even though they were second hand from kev bux,didn't want them to damaged them even more,seen more of my fair share of damaged alloys,especially the 18"+ size,feel for you KC.......

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

The tyre dealer I use has a metal band which clamps onto the alloy covering and protecting the rim.
    He has them up to 20" and I have never had an alloy damaged.

If amazes me that garages/tyre fitters dont use them more often.

I think most people wouldn't notice another scratch on their alloy so garages dont bother!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Well this happens to everybody with alloys when - the tire shop doesn´t have the proper machines!

You know there are really good machines out there to help you fit the tires with a lot of protection to not damage the alloys.
    Most machines at tire shops are old ones and they are not good for anything but steel rims!

Í have had 3 new alloys the last three years from my tire shop due to scratching. - Guess what - I changed to a new one with a proper machine!

Their machine even has a camera following the rim so that everything is ok. And large protectors to protect the alloys.

A tip is to check what kind of machine they have before changing - if it´s an old one. My advice is to take it to an other shop it´s well worth the possible extra cost.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Kwik Fit on Abbey Lane in Leicester marked both my front wheels fitting tyres (have to use KF as its a lease vehicle), Brandish Vauxhall scratched my front wheel trying to remove a tamperproof valve cap (they did a very good refurb to be fair). Name & shame.

Need 2 rears now will try a different Kwik Fit, used Coventry before & they were OK so will try them again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information