Just a quick thanks to all who suggested these tyres as a replacement and alternate size for my rubbish Goodyear NCT5 215/50/17's.

Saved quite a bit of money by changing to 225/45/17 from 215/50/17. As others have said more choice of tyres available, but I stuck with the recommendation of the GSD3's. Ordered them from camskill for £69.50 each including p&p (delivered next day which was a quicker turnaround time than when I've previously ordered from mytyres). I also liked the text message confirming when they were going to be delivered and to text back if I prefered a different delivery date. Local tyre garage fitted them both for £20 cash in hand.

Only had the fronts changed (will do the rears when they've worn down a bit more and can afford it). Yes, I know the recommendation is to have new tyres on the rear but I prefer fresh rubber on the fronts and nothing you say or links you point me to will change that opinion.

Back to the GSD3's though. Instantly I noticed more grip & slightly less road noise compared to the NCT5's. The steering also feels sharper and I now get more feedback through the steering wheel than I did previously.

I have however noticed that they do seem to track and tramline slightly, i.e. follow certain ruts in the road. Not sure if this is because they are new and need a bit of time to bed themselves in though?

Overall though, very impressed. Thanks again.