Been thinking for a while of getting an in car dvd player. Been looking at the sort that strap to the head rests (twin screen). Most of the ones on e-bay go for well over what I'd pay for second hand, or "ex display" units, getting near to what you'd pay in the hight street.

So have been thinking about alternatives. There are lots of roof mounted screens / monitors, some with built in dvd some without. The ones with dvd look a bit bulky, even the smaller screen size, but the units without any dvd i.e. monitor only are much thinner when folded flat to the roof, and much more reasonable price wise (about £70 for 9" or around £130 for up to 13"). Most come with built in courtesy lights, which I don't have in the vec, so would solve that issue too! Sorry can't post links as I can't access e-bay at work.

I've got an estate, so a fairly large flatish roof on which to mount it. I also have a PS2 which I never use anymore, so was thinking of fitting that in the car to enable dvds & games.

Anyway, does anyone have any idea how hard these units are to fit?

I assume it would have to be screwed to one (or more) of the cross members. Power for the courtesy lights from the front courtesy light, and constant power from there too? or from the relays in the boot?

Any help appreciated. thanks