0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs down vx baby car seats

has anyone got or used a rear facing baby seat supplied from vauxhall. it is the blue britax one but with the vauxhall logo.
    the reason im asking is we bought one from vx 4 months ago in preparation for our little one and now she is 11 weeks old and her feet are touching the rear seats. we rang vx and took the car down for them to look at and they said they will speak to vx technical.
    our problem is the pictures in the instruction book show the babies feet riding up the back seat as they get older, now the seat has a 4point harness so how can this be safe - if there is a rear acceident and the rear seats come forward this could damage her legs or pelvis.
    the guide says the seat is suitable for birth - 15months and upto 29lbs, at the moment she is 13lbs and there is no way she willfit this seat next month
    vx said they would come to some compromise if we need a new seat but am i right to whinge about a seat that is only good for 3 months instaed of 15 months
    this could get very expensive changing seats every cuple of months!!!
    Wayne -

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry mate, don't know the answer. But I think it is reasonable to question the 15 month age, if your's may not fit after 4 months.
    Is the age grouping accurate by VX, have they messed up (wouldn't be first time), or is there something wrong with your seat or (to complete the picture) the installation?
    Ill fitting seats should be obvious.

I'd wait to see what VX techy says. If it is correct, and installed properly, I would ask very serious questions about fitness for purpose / misleading advertising etc. If you get on well with the stealer (or know the law) then you may get some mileage out of it.

Surely a seat advertised for up to 15 months / 29 lbs should be good for that age / weight group? Yes? If not, then it is false advertising or inadequate goods not fit for the intended pupose. Law is very clear on this (sale of goods act 1974).

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Weve just bought a forward facing seat for my little boy whose 8.5 months as his feet were touching the rear seat back too, and had been for a good few months. I think they normally say by the age of 9 months or 20kg they should be about ready for a forward seat so ive no idea where vauxhall get their figures from. However, being a britax seat i would have thought it should be right as they are a very popular brand?

are you sure the seat isnt both a forward and rear facing seat? (although you baby is still far too young for forward facing). If its any concelation, they tend to grow quite qucik for the first 3 months but slow down a bit after that. eg Henry is nearly as big as our freinds 14 month old!

Thread Information