User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: please does anyone know

  1. #1
    Regular Member andy.l's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Wirral / ellesmere port
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : insignia tourer

    Trim : elite

    Engine : 2.0 cdti 160

    Year : 2011

    Angry please does anyone know

    were the h*ll can i get wiring the same as wots in the wiring harnesses as i
    wud like to get the same colour cables to wire up me parking pilot on the
    front as i`d realy like to keep it the same as if it was factory fit.

    i cud go to the salavage yard and rip it out from a smashed car but it means
    i will have to buy the complete body harness which they will charge me the
    earth for but all i need is 6 cables thats the same colour as the origional so
    if anyone knows were i can buy the cable then pls let me know,here`s the
    list of colours as below i need,

    size must be 0.5 and i need approx 5mtrs of each

    gy/wh = grey/white
    gy/bk = grey/black
    gy/ye = grey/yellow
    gy/rd = grey/red
    bk/gy = grey/black
    bn/wh = brown/white

  2. #2
    Regular Member Caterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Here, there and every where!
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Signum

    Trim : Elite

    Engine : 3.2 V6

    Year : 05


  3. #3
    Regular Member moles-sri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    south wales
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by andy.l View Post
    were the h*ll can i get wiring the same as wots in the wiring harnesses as i
    wud like to get the same colour cables to wire up me parking pilot on the
    front as i`d realy like to keep it the same as if it was factory fit.

    i cud go to the salavage yard and rip it out from a smashed car but it means
    i will have to buy the complete body harness which they will charge me the
    earth for but all i need is 6 cables thats the same colour as the origional so
    if anyone knows were i can buy the cable then pls let me know,here`s the
    list of colours as below i need,

    size must be 0.5 and i need approx 5mtrs of each

    gy/wh = grey/white
    gy/bk = grey/black
    gy/ye = grey/yellow
    gy/rd = grey/red
    bk/gy = grey/black
    bn/wh = brown/white
    not sure if it will be exact match but i used 7 core trailer cable to repair my gt4 wires its cheap per metre pluss u get 7 different colors. i tryed finding the two color cable as above but after searching various internet sites and electrical stores the cost was jus rediculas some places wanted £7 for a 3metre length of jus one color. so i optied for the trailer cable and jus insulting taped the loom back tegether. as long as u do one color at a time u should b ok.
    hope this helps
    sorry if it word funny im on the wine and fadeing fast lol lol
    hope its understandable

  4. #4
    Regular Member SteveH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Wigan
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    if you need any 7 core trailer cable Andy , just ask mate, got some old wiring looms at work too, same cable size iirc , i'll look see what i have

  5. #5
    Regular Member sdemps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ayrshire
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Most dealers won't repair or wire like that, we get supplied terminals and plugs like standard but little coloured rings to put round the wire to identify the colours the wires should be!!!!! Guess its cheaper that way.

  6. #6
    Regular Member andy.l's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Wirral / ellesmere port
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : insignia tourer

    Trim : elite

    Engine : 2.0 cdti 160

    Year : 2011

    Default



    cool thanx for ya replies,some really helpful info and offers from ya all,i`ll
    let ya know tomoz after i ave spoke to the dealer as it looks like i`ll have to
    order the wiring harness repair kits so i can get the correct plugs so then i
    can use trailer wiring etc,i`ll let you know the update tomoz



    cheers

  7. #7
    Admin plasma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    On the Forum
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Vectra

    Trim : SRi

    Engine : 150

    Year : 05

    Mileage : 74000

    Default

    another thought andy is grab a wiring loom off an old car at the breakers, not necessarily a vectra and see wot colours they have there.

  8. #8
    Regular Member moles-sri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    south wales
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by andy.l View Post


    cool thanx for ya replies,some really helpful info and offers from ya all,i`ll
    let ya know tomoz after i ave spoke to the dealer as it looks like i`ll have to
    order the wiring harness repair kits so i can get the correct plugs so then i
    can use trailer wiring etc,i`ll let you know the update tomoz



    cheers
    good luck mate i know wiring can be a right ***** lol lol hope u dont end up doing as much has i had to don my gt4, hope it all goes well for u

  9. #9
    Regular Member benny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    dudley
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    what wires are you missing ... ?

  10. #10
    Regular Member andy.l's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Wirral / ellesmere port
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : insignia tourer

    Trim : elite

    Engine : 2.0 cdti 160

    Year : 2011

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by plasma View Post
    another thought andy is grab a wiring loom off an old car at the breakers, not necessarily a vectra and see wot colours they have there.


    now thats an idea dean,can you bring your veccy to mine so i can help
    myself to the wiring i need and then you can have back wots left



Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •