User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cannot buy a new car if i tried!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

The same, I bough my car on credit card (and pay off the next month).
    For start it is safer. Anything you buy by Credit Card priced over 50 pounds are covered by bank – so if you change your mind or got a lemon, just call the bank and let them to sort things out. Besides not many company likes operate with cash – cash requires extra handling cost. So basically anything cost more then 10 pounds is better to be paid with card or wired to the account. Personal cheques are dying out too – taking few days to clear, instead of bank transfer via internet directly to the seller account.

The dealers love to rip you off on finance deal with the interest so high they would be burn alive in Middle Ages. It is cheaper to take a personal loan. However this concept I never understood clearly – why do you need personal loan to buy a car? Normally you would keep a car for 3-4 year – then guess what – you need another one – just save money in the bank earning interest rather then taking a loan and pay interest to the bank.

Money laundering regulations – any cash amount over 10K should be reported.
    Cash is no longer a king. It been retreated to small purchases of newspapers, snacks and cigarettes anything bigger then this – associated with black economy and criminal activities. So money clips no longer cool.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I've not long filed the switch reciept for my car! Machine in the delaers blew a fuse! Ended up having to talk to the bank and all sorts!!! I found it quite amusing actually!

Oh, and know what you mean about being ignored by sales people, VW if they'd have put their coffee down would have offloaded a Passat SE, Saab on the other hand, so friendly and attentinve when I went in, but due to no follow up, I stuck with Vauxhall. The lad I bought mine off was pretty much the best sales bloke I've met. No BS, No heirs and graces, just straight forward. That I respect.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Golf 7

Trim : GTD

Engine : 2.0 TDI 184PS

Year : 2014

Mileage : 40000

Only ever driven the Avensis as a company car a few times, awful.

Heavy clutch and turning circle of a supertanker.

Mondeo? Are you sure LOL

Gazza4

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Gazza4 View Post

Mondeo? Are you sure LOL

Gazza4
    I am only looking at the Mondeo because all the awards it has received and every car critic seems to love it.So i thought i'd better have a test drive before i dismiss it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

just back from looking at another ford ka for my mother
    the price on the window was £2995 on dealers advert said trade in considered,so i presumed going in straight sale price(which we are)possibly £2500 maybe a bit more.asked the guy gave me the usual ,we have a small mark up on price etc,and then said the best he could do was £2900 and the car needed a service and a clutch..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

they wonder why car dealers ( sorry....stealers) get a bad reputation..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Gsi3.2 View Post
    they wonder why car dealers ( sorry....stealers) get a bad reputation..
    Could be a bit of a battle of wits tbh, if a customer really wants a car they've seen they will chase harder for it if you give em a bit of a I don't care mate attitude, like a test to see whose buying and whose just browsing if ya like.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

paid for the signum by switch made it very clear when buying that i had no p/ex and would be paying cash (switch) didnt want any bells and whistles just a good deal he knew where i was comming from and we got along fine he gave me his best price which was very good i was very forward asked for another 500 quid off and said if you can you've a deal today ( last day of the month adds to his figures) we did the deal even chucked a service in.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Audii A3 Sportback

Trim : S Line Black Edition

Engine : 2.0 Diesel

Year : 2011

Quote Originally Posted by videodoctor View Post
    Just been looking at the competition in car makes and decided to go and have a look at a Ford Mondeo and a Toyota Avensis.

Firstly,walked into 2 ford dealers and they didn't have any mondeo's in the showroom or any demonstrators .

I said 'how am i suppose to make a purchase if i cannot see them?'

All they could come up with was that they'de sold all of them.

Useless ford dealers.

So it was onto Toyota.I walks in and the salesman said they didn't have any demonstrators available.He had an attitude that i was wasting his time.I pointed out my 07 plate Vectra and said i'd paid cash in full for it,brand new.(which i had)

He then started to pull my Veccy apart(verbally) and tell me that it wasn't a patch on the Toyota.

What is it with these guys.I have £15,000 to spend in cash and they don't want to know!.

Prehaps it was because i was wearing jeans and a hoody.

I should try in a suit next time.

I am sick of dealers not thinking i can afford their cars when infact i'd be their best customer.

Ah well,i'll carry on looking(Mazda and Honda next!!)
    I had the same problem when choosing a new company car a few weeks ago - I went to Allen Ford in Swindon and although they had a new mondeo in the showroom, no-one was there to talk to about a test drive and I called the Talk Back club to arrange a 48hr test drive of the Titanium X Diesel model and all they could offer me as a test drive of a 1.8TD Edge model in March!!!

I can't stand the Toyota Avensis and can't order a Vectra so I visited my local Mazda Dealer to take a look at the new Mazda 6 and they had a demonstrator outside. I asked to have a look at it and they handed me the keys and let me take it out for a couple of hours!!!

Guess which car I ordered!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information