Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Latest great idea

Another corker from this bankrupt Government:

The latest in a series of great ideas. It is on the news at the moment that the Prime Minister intends to give a financial bonus to jobless people for being good citizens Those of you that are good citizens, work and pay taxes will pay for it and will not be entitled to the bonus.

Jobless parents will also receive a bonus for making sure their children go to school.

Suitably lost for words

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I'll get the ticket's, you get the PSP's for the kids to keep them quiet while we're in the air.

We all have to leave, this is becoming a zombie nation, and that's what the Government want, they want thick ppl who don't question them, easy to enlist if they are required for cannon fodder, and don't compete for a slice of the cake leaving it all the more for the greedy elite.

I nearly had a punch up with a bloke last night because I dared to hoot his daughter who wasn't going to look before she crossed the road in front of me, came down the rank mouthing off how he was going to kill me etc while walking in the other direction once he realised I wasn't sitting in the car anymore and he wouldn't have an advantage over me, why he couldn't handle it better I don't know, all he had to say to me was something like.....excuse me mate but you nearly ran us over, to which I could retort.....but you aren't on a zebra crossing and you should still look left and right before crossing the road, not that it would've made much difference because I got the feeling he liked to shout at ppl anyway.
    Last edited by VauxVeteran; 18th February 2008 at 10:49.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Just another reason for them to be unemployed then, as if they haven't got enough financial incentive anyway!

On a Sabbatical
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I wonder what their incentive is to get off benefits then?

I know some people have no choice but to stay on benefits, but this doesn't help those who simply need a little push to break away from them.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

TBH there are three types of unemployed,

1 - Disabled, can't fault that

2 - Uneconomical, can't really do anything than get them back to work and top them up

3 - Bum's who can't be bothered, these ppl especially youngsters still living with mum need a push to wake them up.

A lot of the bad things that are happening are because these ppl are allowed to fester, and this has the effect of less to do less I will do.

This has been proven a failure in schools already, rewarding the kids that aren't trying, and doing nothing for the kids that do, all it does is encourage the good to become bad, but ppl up high wouldn't know anything about that cos they don't live it or experience it, never mind about a minister going on benefits for a yr to see how he can survive, no one needs much money if they already have everything, lets try a different approach, send GB out with the vice squad on a saturday night and let him experience the speeding junkie who wants to stab him because all he can see is something with horns trying to kill him, then lets let him work the door in a Liverpool nightclub for a few weeks, and after that he can control a cab office and work a kebab shop or a curry house for a few weeks.

Oh and after that lot if his ******** isn't shot to bits by them, combats on for a tour of Afghanistan, and he can take Blair with him as his wingman.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

This has really peed me off. So in a futile rant I have emailed Mr Brown as below:

Dear Sir,

I write to you with regard to your recent article on the 10 Downing Street Website entitled "Benefits bonuses plan for jobless"

I do appreciate that to break the cycle of poverty intervention is required, yest how does this scheme encourage those who are just outside poverty to keep struggling? I live on a council estate in York. At the time of buying our house five years ago it was all my Wife and I could afford. Fortunatley we both had strong parents who taught us how to earn a living and we have worked very hard for a comfortable lifestyle. However I see young families around me who all they know is to use the benefits system. Its not altogether their fault, their parents did the same. My next door neighbour has three children living with her (she has more kids but the state wont allow them to stay with her). She openly admits that its much easier to have children under ten years of age than to work, as the benefits outway the effort and financial rewards of work. By offering these contracts you are going to expect the hard working populus to fund not only extra training, but a bonus for doing what they should be doing anyway and fund the administration to run it all. We are then taxed to the hilt for using our hard earned cars. It really isnt fair and the handout system needs to be vastly reduced to "encourage" these layabouts to work, rather than go through one scheme and the next of the back of my hard earned wages.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Jaguar XF 3.0D V6

Trim : Black

Engine : 3.0D V6

Year : 0000

Quote Originally Posted by BigP View Post
    Just another reason for them to be unemployed then, as if they haven't got enough financial incentive anyway!
    Yes, £60 a week is a huge incentive for me to stay unemployed for years.

Ian,

Out of your 3 types, where do I fit in? I don't know, please advise.

Let's look beyond the foresight, and get to the real situation.

I agree, there are many unemployed who don't want to work. They should be 'encouraged' to work.
    There are some who, for no fault of their own, can't work due to disability - however, we should sort out the scammers from the genuine cases.
    There are people for who it is not economical to work, ie work for the same (or less) money than the dole. Be honest, would you work for less than dole?
    Then there are the genuine cases who have had a crisis recently, who want to work, and these should be given all the help that is available for them to find meaningful employment.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by BigP View Post
    Sorry, I thought it was clear that my statement referred to the same band of people that you class as "unwilling to work". It was in no means meant to include all unemployed people.

Quote Originally Posted by Ste View Post
    Yes, £60 a week is a huge incentive for me to stay unemployed for years.

I agree, there are many unemployed who don't want to work. They should be 'encouraged' to work.
    There are some who, for no fault of their own, can't work due to disability - however, we should sort out the scammers from the genuine cases.
    There are people for who it is not economical to work, ie work for the same (or less) money than the dole. Be honest, would you work for less than dole?
    Then there are the genuine cases who have had a crisis recently, who want to work, and these should be given all the help that is available for them to find meaningful employment.
    I agree.
    From what I understood this bonus is not meant to help you find meaningful employment, it is a reward for being a good citizen or sending your kids to school which you would be exempt from were you employed.
    Last edited by BigP; 18th February 2008 at 16:57.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Ste, you fall into another bracket, you are a taxpayer so you don't count in the benefit system, what I'm on about is those that get their rent,council tax,school meals,medical prescriptions all found for them and then a bonus cheque to boot as well, you are only getting £60 right now because they won't pay your mortgage for 8 mths, there are ppl who have multiplied so much that they get £500 take home benefit for doing nothing.

Oh and to answer your question, you don't fit in at all, you are actiuvely seeking work, so you are not disabled, unable to get a cost effective job or unwilling, you just sit in a bracket of want to but nobody wants me right now I'm afraid bud.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Jaguar XF 3.0D V6

Trim : Black

Engine : 3.0D V6

Year : 0000

Quote Originally Posted by VauxVeteran View Post
    ...bracket of want to but nobody wants me right now....

Cheered me right up that did !

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information