User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Things to look out for when buying a GSi??

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Question Things to look out for when buying a GSi??

Ive found a lovely gsi, 25000 on the clock, 3 service stamps, 04 plate, for 7999 (will try and get that down a bit!)
    Is there any problems I should be looking out for?? Are the gearboxes a bit fragile in the 3.2's? What does a bad one sound like?! My box in my last vec went bang so im a bit scared of it happening again! It doesnt have headlight washers though and it has the beam adjustment so im assuming it doesnt have xenons? I thought they were standard fit on the gsi??
    Engine ticks over at 0.3gal/hr, does that sound about right? It sounds absolutely lovely! I want i want!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

the headlamps are non xenons.. they dropped them to optional in 2004 model year ( just like mine) so fine not to have them..

the 3.2 is a very good engine.. there were some problems with the gearboxes in the early years but they will have been done under warranty, so don't worry..

if the oil is clean, the coolant is lovely and orange,and it idles nicely then there's little to worry about on these engines..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Gsi3.2 View Post
    the 3.2 is a very good engine.. there were some problems with the gearboxes in the early years...
    What were these problems, please Gsi3.2?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

they where to do with poor gearchanges.. the boxes had an internal wear fault which was solved with 100% replacement of the unit after an initial go at adjusting the linkages

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Yay, thanks for that, im excited now! Its in such lovely condition, 1 lil paint mark near the fuel filler cap and minor scratches on some of the floor plastic bits. The oil was very clean, was changed at 21k i think, 4got to check the coolant but can only imagine its lovely and clean! Think im going for a test drive!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Rob - think you'll love the GSi. I've had a few Vx V6's now and the 3.2 unit is best yet. I take the cash alternative to a company car and buy my own vehicle. I usually buy ex-demo (or similar) 6 month old cars and keep them until the factory warranty runs out. However, I've had my GSi auto for nearly four years now and have no plans to change - they really are very pleasant machines to drive. Mine is also an '04 and doesn't have Xenons either.

As a motorway mile muncher the GSi is great - very refined and the engine is virtually inaudible. Running costs could be better, but if you are looking at a GSi I suspect you will be aware that it isn't a bargain basement machine and ongoing costs reflect the potential performance.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Thanks for your reply chap, I cant stop going on the website its on and staring at the pictures, lol. Yeah im ok with the running costs, I get the company van for 2 weeks out of every 6 weeks and my girlfriend has just bought a new tigra so no doubt she'll want to drive me into work in the city everyday anyway. Ill save the gsi for weekend fun! A couple of friends have the 2.6's and love them so I can only imagine the 3.2 is even better! Does £7999 sound a bit steep to you?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

got a link to the pictures?..£7999 is top end money thou..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra Estate

Trim : Elite

Engine : 3.2 V6

Year : 04

Mileage : 000

You will be pleased with the power of the engine, the car will bring a smile to your face...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

£8K in todays market sound like a lot of money for an '04, but it depends on the overall condition of the car and if it has any extras. I have full leather on mine and parking sensors - I'd be happy to pay a bit more for those sort of things. You should remember that these top-spec repmobiles tend to depreciate about as fast as a piano pushed over a cliff, which is great news when you are buying 2nd hand and if you aren't a 'badge snob'.

However, do a search on this forum, I'm sure a couple of guys on here couldn't find buyers recently for their GSi's as the 3.2 engine size frightens off a lot of people. BTW: my GSi has been better on fuel than either my 2.5 or 2.6 Vectras - but that reflects my (conservative) driving style and you may like using the oompf of the 3.2 more than I do.

The one you are looking at has low mileage and I assume it is in very nice condition. At that sort of price, I'd expect it to be fully serviced and require no additional expense in the near future - i.e. it should have almost new tyres etc.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information